Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price plans confusing

Options
  • 04-04-2011 4:47pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have to say that the layout of the new price plans on the website is confusing.

For instance, under details, it says:
    Standard Price Plan: 16.00 (Inc VAT)
    Dual SuperSaver Price Plan: 14.60 (Inc VAT)
    Less 7% for Direct Debit & Dual
    Less 9% for Direct Debit & Dual & Online Billing

But it isn't clear if the 7% and 9% are off the Standard Price Plan or the Dual SuperSaver Price Plan?

Also there are no details of the price if you don't want to go direct debit.

I have the say that the details page on the Airtricity website are much clearer and more transparent, they clearly give the per kWh unit cost in cent clearly for each different option available, including with or without direct debit and online billing.

Much, much easier to compare and figure out what you'll actually be paying.

Which is a pity, because based on what I can work out ESB Electrical Ireland would actually work out the cheapest option for many people, but it is hard to work this out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

It's also such a pity that they require you to sign up to DD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's also such a pity that they require you to sign up to DD.

They don't. Have a look at some of the other threads here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

I have had a look at some of the other threads on here. If you don't want to sign a direct debit agreement, you can still get an 8% discount, plus an extra 2% if you sign up to online billing. However, this only applies to those who've been with ESB for at least 12 months, and are not in arrears. What about those who haven't been with ESB for 12 months? Or those in arrears for that matter? Seems like a lot of conditions to put on the new price plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

bk wrote:
    But it isn't clear if the 7% and 9% are off the Standard Price Plan or the Dual SuperSaver Price Plan?

Hi bk,

When we quote electricity discount prices it's against our standard rate of €0.1410 (excl. vat)/€0.16 (incl. vat).

If we quote a gas discount, it's against the current Bord Gáis regulated rate.
    bk wrote:
    based on what I can work out ESB Electrical Ireland would actually work out the cheapest option for many people, but it is hard to work this out.

I'm sorry to hear that it's proving difficult to work out; I will make sure your feedback is taken into consideration. If you need a comprehensive breakdown (including detailed comparisons with the rates offered by other providers), please feel free to ring our sales team on 1850 30 50 90.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

What about those who haven't been with ESB for 12 months? Or those in arrears for that matter? Seems like a lot of conditions to put on the new price plans.

Those who haven't been with ESB Electric Ireland for 12 months would have to sign up to direct debit; for those on arrears, the price plans should become available as soon as those arrears are cleared.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

bk wrote: »
    I have to say that the layout of the new price plans on the website is confusing.

Which is a pity, because based on what I can work out ESB Electrical Ireland would actually work out the cheapest option for many people, but it is hard to work this out.

I agree - the bist about percantage discounts are confusing - but there is a useful Electricity price comparison here - that clearly shows that ESB is now the cheapest for Electricity .(If you go DD and ebilling)

For Gas and Elec - it looks like the cheapest dual fuel is ESB with Flogas

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ruffmut

I am currently paying by direct debit and receive online billing. Do I need to change price plan or do I receive this automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

You'd need to contact Electric Ireland to opt into the new plans

Advertisement