Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I Eligible?

Options
  • 04-04-2011 6:07pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but no harm in trying.

I was doing a 4 year Science degree but a less than stellar 3rd year meant I couldn't do 4th year. I still got a degree but I've no idea what it is other than a BSc.

Recently I've been thinking I need to go back to education to further my prospects but when I look at postgraduate courses they all seem to require an honours degree. I was reading through a University of Aberdeen prospectus and they seem to do some sort of special thing for people who don't qualify, it's a bit confusing and I'm waiting to get more info off them about it.

So, does anyone know if looking at postgraduate stuff is a waste of my time, or if there's a certain way to go about this, any personal experience with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

What sort of post-grad are you looking for?

I think you may need something to fill the gap between an honours degree and where you are now. One option available to you is Advanced Entry to courses at DIT - I'm sure other institutions have similar programmes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

djpbarry wrote: »
    What sort of post-grad are you looking for?

I think you may need something to fill the gap between an honours degree and where you are now. One option available to you is Advanced Entry to courses at DIT - I'm sure other institutions have similar programmes.

I don't know what I'm looking for to be honest. My degree isn't really worth much as it is and bar giving up on doing what I want to do the only other option is going back to college.

I should probably contact schools directly and see what they say. Thanks for that link.

Advertisement