Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent Advice needed for Licensing Image

• 04-04-2011 7:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1

Hi guys,

I am an amatuer photographer with little knowledge about licensing images/rights, etc.

I have been asked by a company who design labels, posters, etc for brands, including Dunkin Donuts and other large companies. They would like to use my image for the design of a wine label.

Can anyone give me an idea on the best licensing agreement to use, or how else I can proceed with this request.

The company have provided me little information.

The messages I received are attached below:

Hello Niall,

I wonder if you would consider allowing the use of an image?

it's a black and white shot of a small rowboat, resting in very still water on a dark overcast day (probably a lake/lock or fiord?)

I design wine labels (more hobby than occupation based on budget LOL)
    Anyways its a great shot. Not sure if I would use it literally or perhaps manipulate it or even repaint/draw the scene... its early days - but I would still want an okay from you.

Please let me know at earliest convenience, many thanks
    AND

Niall,

This is a wine label for a small winery in Spain , not for ads or brochures - really just the packaging...
    Can I ask what you want for this useage? They would want to use it for several years I'm sure... these things don't change from vintage to vintage

ANy advise will be helpful,

Thanks

Niall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Considering the usage and length of time, I wouldn't be asking for anything under 5 grand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Head on over to Alamy and use their calculator to give yourself a ballpark figure. Whatever figure it gives you is not too big, regardless of how big it might look at first glance :)

Most winerys use their label as their logo as well, just be aware of that and charge accordingly.

Don't fall into the trap of not charging enough so you get the thrill of seeing your photo on a bottle label. They are a business so they can afford to pay.

Advertisement