Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to ditch UPC Broadband whats the alternatives?

• 04-04-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello mates, I want yours opinions on whats the best company to go with? I have to leave UPC for a certain reason.:mad:

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Redr

wicklowgaz wrote: »
    Hello mates, I want yours opinions on whats the best company to go with? I have to leave UPC for a certain reason.:mad:

Many Thanks

Having been with Eircom, BT, Vodafone and now UPC I have to say UPC has given me the best service by a mile. Eircom was so-so, BT left the market as soon as I joined and Vodafone was a disaster.

Maybe Eircom? They seem to have new deals at the mo. I don't anything about the wireless broadband market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

unfortunately i dont think youll find better, maybe eircom NGB?

ive found that using anyone else but eircom on eircom copper tends to be a fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

My advice would be to stick with UPC if you can. There's no other BB provider that can come near UPC. You are getting your BB via cable, whereas the only other terrestial method is via copper wire, all of which is owned by Eircom. They are not going to be improving their network any time soon, as they are €3.4bn in debt., and are very near the precipice.The capacity of the UPC cable is way higher than Eircom's copper. All the other providers are depending on Eircom allowing them access to their network. None of them, bar possibly Vodafone, have the capacity to roll out their own network

Advertisement