Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with WE open bolt PDW

• 04-04-2011 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

When I pull the trigger the bolt doesn't fire back thus doesn't reset the trigger which causes the gas to vent out all at once. Any one else have this problem? do you know how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

What type of GBBR are we talking about. I'll take a guess and say PDW...
    Is the bolt lubed properly? If the bolt isn't lubricated it *could* stick leaving the hammer hard against the release for the valve, which would vent the gas as you say.
    Is there an npas kit fitted - and if so how is it adjusted (i.e. how much of the gas is being directed down the barrel as opposed to back into the chamber to cycle the bolt?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheLastFreeNoob

What type of GBBR are we talking about. I'll take a guess and say PDW...
    Is the bolt lubed properly? If the bolt isn't lubricated it *could* stick leaving the hammer hard against the release for the valve, which would vent the gas as you say.
    Is there an npas kit fitted - and if so how is it adjusted (i.e. how much of the gas is being directed down the barrel as opposed to back into the chamber to cycle the bolt?

I have thoroughly lubricated the bolt I don't know what an npas kit is or how much gas is being directed down the barrel and back to the chamber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Ok - first off an npas is an adjustable valve that sits in the bolt and regulates the flow of gas from the magazine - some goes down the barrel pushing the bb, some goes back to blow back the bolt. If you don't know if one is fitted then it isn't - we generally fit them as aftermarket additions to allow us to regulate the fps (given the variables that make gas tricky to use - like temperature etc).
    So - that's that problem. No npas.

And you've lubricated the bolt. Ok - not to make it sound like I think you're a muppet (I don't - but without photos or physically inspecting the gun it's a bit tricky), but what did you use to lubricate the gun? Also, where did you put the lube? Generally there are only a few places where the bolt is in contact with the rails inside the receiver, and these are your usual friction points. If you've used heavy lube this could cause problems - silicone grease (small amounts on the contact points) or silicone oil are your friend here.

Next potential problem is the recoil rod - is this fitted correctly? In other words, can you manually cycle the bolt (i.e. pulling back on the charging handle pulls the bolt back - yes or no)?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheLastFreeNoob

Ok - first off an npas is an adjustable valve that sits in the bolt and regulates the flow of gas from the magazine - some goes down the barrel pushing the bb, some goes back to blow back the bolt. If you don't know if one is fitted then it isn't - we generally fit them as aftermarket additions to allow us to regulate the fps (given the variables that make gas tricky to use - like temperature etc).
    So - that's that problem. No npas.

And you've lubricated the bolt. Ok - not to make it sound like I think you're a muppet (I don't - but without photos or physically inspecting the gun it's a bit tricky), but what did you use to lubricate the gun? Also, where did you put the lube? Generally there are only a few places where the bolt is in contact with the rails inside the receiver, and these are your usual friction points. If you've used heavy lube this could cause problems - silicone grease (small amounts on the contact points) or silicone oil are your friend here.

Next potential problem is the recoil rod - is this fitted correctly? In other words, can you manually cycle the bolt (i.e. pulling back on the charging handle pulls the bolt back - yes or no)?

Thanks for being helpful. I used silicone oil. It's grand now though I dropped it into the shop it was bought from and they noticed a small part had come lose and fallen out. I managed to find it and they will put it back in tomorrow. Thanks again

Advertisement