Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post delivering post to wrong address - need to chase up a letter

Options
  • 04-04-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

For several years the local postman has, on a fairly regular basis, delivered my post to any house within about a mile radius that has the same house number as mine. As I live in Dublin, tracking it down is extremely difficult and relies on the recipient either reposting it or hand delivering it to me. A couple of times this has resulted in important letters being delayed. I've complained to An Post several times, in writing and in person, and gotten nowhere.

I've recently sent in a job application form to the HSE. Today, I discovered that a lot of applicants have received their forms back in the post, with small errors needing to be amended, and a deadline of Friday to get them back in to the HSE. I have no idea if my form was returned, as I can't rely on the postman.

I intend chasing this up with the HSE to see if my form was returned, but I imagine that's going to be difficult. Do An Post have any means of tracing letters, or confirming that one was sent? Anyone know where I'd even start with this? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Do the other houses have a similar address? I know one particular street that has 3 sets of houses with #1, 3 numbered #2, and so on up to #15 and absolutely nothing to distinguish them apart except the occupants name.

I'd complain to An Post. You might discover your address is not unique enough and they might suggest adding something to it to make it unique. Otherwise it might wake up a few lazy sorters.

An Post don't have any delivery tracking for ordinary letters, I don't think any postal service has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I've come across mad streets like that alright, I used to be a delivery man. But my address is unique, there's absolutely no ambiguity. The letters go to the same house number, but completely different street names (and family names, incidentally). There was never a problem prior to maybe 3 years ago.

I have complained to An Post several times in person and in writing and gotten nowhere. I'm complaining again but I doubt I'll even get an acknowledgement.

This has been happening for years but I thought whatever was wrong had been resolved, as it hasn't happened for a few months. Until last week, right before I'm due to maybe/maybe not receive important post. I know half the problem is the HSE here, but I still think it's unacceptable that An Post is so consistently unreliable. :(

So basically I have no means of rectifying this, other than hoping someone in An Post eventually takes this seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i'm one of those people who live in a street with many same numbered houses. i'm in no3 and there are 4 no3s on this street!! classic.

and a while back we never had a regular postie so it was 'interesting'!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Go down and see the district manager, in your local An Post sorting office.

Explain your situation and lodge a complaint in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

If you own the house it might be worth thinking of naming it...for example: "An teacht", 4 *** Street, **** town etc
    That might help eliminate delivery to an incorrect address.

You might not have made any errors on you application and you could be doing alot of running round for nothing...:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement