Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy S smartphone.

Options
  • 04-04-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Ok I have two questions for you.

1. I am with meteor prepaid, and I am thinking of buying a smartphone sim free and unlocked online from ebay or some site. Once I get the smartphone is it just a case of popping in my prepaid sim card and will it work with these models of phones?

2. Which is the better phone, best features and least trouble free.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It depends on how dirty you want to get. Galaxy S has much better specs, is a much better phone but the Samsung Touchwiz software (Samsung's branded version of Android) lets it down. Desire with HTC Sense (HTC's branded version of Android) is much easier to use out of the box. Galaxy has a faster processor and bigger screen
    Lots of people on here with the Galaxy S have custom software on theirs, it runs much smoother and gives better battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Will a prepaid meteor sim work with it can anybody tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

If it's unlocked then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    It depends on how dirty you want to get. Galaxy S has much better specs, is a much better phone but the Samsung Touchwiz software (Samsung's branded version of Android) lets it down. Desire with HTC Sense (HTC's branded version of Android) is much easier to use out of the box. Galaxy has a faster processor and bigger screen
    Lots of people on here with the Galaxy S have custom software on theirs, it runs much smoother and gives better battery life

Mmm Galaxy S CPU runs slower than HTC Desires one. Even though their clocked the same the CPU runs more efficient on HTC phones.

Though GPU is the other way around.

Though Galaxy S has horrible lag issues.

Though Galaxy S has horrible lag issues.

Not with the latest 2.2.1 firmware

• Advertisement

Im afraid thats not what ive been hearing. Theres still some people complaining about lag on 2.2.1. Seen it in several places

But most importantly if you even recieved the actual update to 2.2.

All HTC phones are update in a respective maner and on time.

How long did Samsung neglect Samsung Galaxy S update?

Its not a bad phone. Just the software side of it is a mess.

I've had Desire users envious of the speed of my Galaxy running Darkys 9.5

Im not talking about Quadrant test.

We were measuring native speed of the actual processor and not the OS. Same goes for GPU.

Im not talking about Quadrant test.

We were measuring native speed of the actual processor and not the OS. Same goes for GPU.

I never mentioned quadrant, I'm talking about the overall snappiness when opening apps and using of the phone

Its not a precise way of measuring speed. To one person slow might be fast and the other way around. Especially if they came from a dumb phone.

• Advertisement

Its not a precise way of measuring speed. To one person slow might be fast and the other way around. Especially if they came from a dumb phone.

As I said, I've had Desire users envious of the speed of my Galaxy running Darkys 9.5. To a Desire user the Galaxy running Darkys 9.5 is lots faster, its a faster phone, just the stock software is crap. This is of course the original Desire I'm talking about, not the Desire HD which got a slightly updated chip

Then theres this:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I saw that multi-touch demo almost a year ago, and can honestly say I've never had an issue with it, it just doesn't affect anything I use the phone for.

Yeah but i was talking about the native speed of the processor which on desire has the ability to run tasks quicker than the galaxy s.

Either way there is no point of comparing customer roms cause majority of people wouldnt even know what rooting your phone is.

A consumer should never have to flash custom firmware onto the phone. It should work and perform straight out of the box.

I never used Darky's rom and dont own a Galaxy S ( i got an Omnia 7) the speed test that was done was done here on boards by a person that had the desire and galaxy s.

Advertisement