Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgages

Options
  • 04-04-2011 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi, Has anyone got a mortgage recently? Are the banks still lending?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Yes they are lending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 curlysues89

Yes they are lending.
    im interested in whos lending???? I keep hearing this but last month I went to three banks and their criteria is soo tight, they couldnt be lending.

They are lendin to those who meet the criteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 curlysues89

I meet criteria.Permanent job,good saving history,no loans.no bad credit,been paying substantial rent for previous 5years.and was told I'm a borderline case now, they told me to come back when I have more money saved???

I meet criteria.Permanent job,good saving history,no loans.no bad credit,been paying substantial rent for previous 5years.and was told I'm a borderline case now, they told me to come back when I have more money saved???

Eh, clearly not. You've not enough savings. It's not a cloudy thing, you either meet it or you dont.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Eh, clearly not. You've not enough savings. It's not a cloudy thing, you either meet it or you dont.

If only the banks acted like this from the beginning.

That and people did not get greedy.........

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BillieB

How long are people waiting to hear back from banks about applications?? I'm waiting nearly 3 weeks now so annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

i'm a first time buyer and i'm finalizing a mortgage at the moment just waiting on legal things with the chap i'm buying the house off.

anyways i got a letter today stating that my fixed rate has jumped 1.4%, i changed from variable 1 month ago to what seemed like a good 2 year fixed but now i was wondering if i can go back to variable or is it worth my while?? i havent drawn down the mortgage yet just signed the offer letter. any advice out there please??

only opened letter there now so can't ring the bank until tomorrow. .

Advertisement