Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odd question!

Options
  • 04-04-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

This is an odd question, but I gotta know as its been bugging me for some time.
    Does any know whats up that screeching bird is in the eyre square shopping centre carpark, its like a parakeet or parrot that got loose?? Ive heard it now for a few months and still dont know what it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

yeah heard it too. i wonder is it a recording to scare pigeons or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

It drives my dogs mental:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

It is a recording to scare something. Parked right beside the speaker one day

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

To deter birds nesting, and scare vermin. Im guessing. Very chilling sound to hear at 3am!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

Banshee imo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah it's a recording of some bird of prey to keep the pigeons and rats out.

There was a pigeon perched on the speaker last time I was in there so either it doesn't work or the pigeon was deaf. :)

tbh it's the least annoying of the annoying things about that carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

thanks for all the replies, I think I can finally sleep tonight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

One of these in the Car Park beside Toni and Guy across from the Social Welfare office aswell. Thanks for clearing it up folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Panda General

I think its just me but i find that noise irritating

Advertisement