Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to the Future Ep1 = FREE !!!

Options
  • 04-04-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

It's very good, I have the series, well what has been released of it so far.

If you're a fan of the film series, it's definitely worth a look, especially now considering the first part is free :)
    The first episode of Telltale’s series of Back to the Future adventure games is now free to all. You can download it from the Back to the Future site http://www.telltalegames.com/bttfYou’ll need to sign up for a free Telltale account first, but once that’s done, the game is yours. Episode 1 is called “It’s about time,” and has Marty travelling back in time in the trusty Delorean to save Doc from trouble. Episode 3 of the 5 part series came out last week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I remember back when Portal was given away for free, I finally installed Steam.
    Now I can't get enough of it.

This should drum up some good business for Telltale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

The voice acting is really impressive, Great adventure game for children though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    The voice acting is really impressive, Great adventure game for children though
    .....and for fans of the films. I've played through the first three episodes now and am liking it a lot, but not loving it. They've done some really nice things with the story (although the recent episode went to the land of kooky/weird which I didnt personally like.)
    It's my first foray into the Telltale adventure games and am impressed while a little underwhelmed at the same time. I like the style/art direction of the games but they seem a little too simplistic, game mechanic-wise for me to be able to really LOVE them.

i recommend you give it a go. It's free, what have you got to lose?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

To be honest, I thought these games were terrible; a faithful use of the licence, but an essentially awful set of games.

The plot's weak, with some fairly poor set-pieces that are very tepid against those from the movie. The characters are utterly forgetable (in particular the villain, "Kid" Tannen). I don't agree about the voice acting because although they have an uncanny Michael J Fox impersonator, he can't act to save his life. As for the gameplay, it's bland and in most places stunningly dull. How is a game supposed to be enjoyable when you literally cannot fail? There's no "Game Over" or any scenario where failing a task / puzzle results is fatal. I gave up half-way through the 2nd part because it was just so dull.

Advertisement