Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vegetarian Restaurant

Options
  • 04-04-2011 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Pure vegetarian restaurant in dublin city centre... check out www.delhiodeli.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

awesome! Haven't noticed this place yet, will have to check out!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Looks great, the daily fivers espeially!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Great stuff - and only a hop skip and a jump from work! Me thinks this could become my local if the food is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

They do masala dosas! Oh nom, I haven't had a masala dosa in years! Can't wait to check this out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Great. Looking foward to trying this out.

I also can't wait to try out the dosa's - yummy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Where exactly is this located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Fungus wrote: »
    Where exactly is this located?

It's on Moore street on the opposite side of the street to the moore street entrance into the Ilac shopping centre. It's not hard to miss. I called by it today but it was just a bit too late so the 5 items for a fiver thing was gone, will try it some other time. The staff were very friendly though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Was in there today, had the Chole Bhature; spicy curried chickpeas with puffy bread and some garnish. Very interesting flavours.

Had the €5 special a while ago, the plate they give you is huuuuge, wasn't really sure if I was supposed to fill it up but had to oblige them lol. Would have been good to have some Naan bread on the side and less of the curry/veg/dhal but not sure if that's included in the special. Very tasty all the same, it's a nice place and I hope they can keep it going.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I called by it today but it was just a bit too late so the 5 items for a fiver thing was gone

Yep same here, I asked them and the €5 special ends at 7.30pm, think the place itself closes around 8pm but you can still get some of the other menu if the special is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You must have been there when we were so! Are the 5 things on the normal menu? nice way to try everything. Everything is cheap, I wonder how big the potions are. i don't know what most of the stuff is.

You must have been there when we were so! Are the 5 things on the normal menu? nice way to try everything. Everything is cheap, I wonder how big the potions are. i don't know what most of the stuff is.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Will be in town tomorrow, think I'll give this place a go - the Aloo Chaat has caught my eye :)

I don't think the specials are on the normal menu... yeah no idea what most of the stuff is (maybe some pics on the menu would help?).

Would have taken a pic but was concentrating on the food lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Yummy looking :D Any idea how much of the stuff is vegan?

I didn't like the fives yesterday, I have to say, so I won't be getting that again. I'll still go back though and give their masala dosa a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Indian vegetarian fast food? Oh yum. If only it were within reasonable walking distance of college.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Is there Rice with their curries?

Washout wrote: »
    Is there Rice with their curries?

You can get rice with the fives

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Was there last night. Very nice staff and a nice simple fast food type place. Lots of dishes that you wouldn’t normally see in a Indian Restaurant in Ireland. I wish them well.
    Saw a few people with the Fiver Specials and the plate was packed high full of food but we stayed with the main menu and had -

Pani Puri which is what seems like 4 hallow balls of crisps with a chickpea filling on the side, it comes with two jugs of tamarind water - one sweet and one sour which you pour on top.

Papri Chaat which was very like the pani puri except it comes in a bowl of yogurt.
    Both of these starters or sides are served cold which I wasn't expecting. They were tasty though. Portion sizes are enough for one person.

Masala Dosa which was yummy. Actual pancake was huge but filling small enough, it comes with two pastes/sauces and a lental dal as well

Paneer Dosa which was tasty too but not as tasty as the masala dosa.

We also had a Shirley Temple (luminous pomegranate syrup and 7up or lemonade) and a Fresh Lime Soda (made with 7up rather than soda) but they were too sweet for us. The Papri Chaat and the Lime Soda with Masala had a pungent smell which was very strange, the waitress said it was the cumin. It didn’t really smell like cumin to me but mine usually comes from a Goodall’s tin :-).

All in all we will definitely go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

10% discount for VSI members I see :)http://www.vegetarian.ie/links/delhi-odeli

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Called in just after lunchtime and had the fiver special. Fine substantial fare. But it didn't stop me eyeing up the other diners' food and wondering what they'd ordered... I'll be back

I got the five for a fiver there yesterday to take away so I had....
    1. Makhani Dal 2. Punjabi Kadhi 3. Saag Paneer
    4. Soya Bean Keema 5. Gobi Aaloo

They give you not one but TWO plastic takeaway cartons to fill so I got loads. You are supposed to put rice in both containers, without rice it is 3.50 per carton I think, she let me away with it since it was my first time :P Some of the dishes are quite hot but all in all mostly delicious especially the saag paneer and what a deal for a fiver :) I love how their website tells you what they have each day too.

Great value, just wish they would lay off the hotness! Some was too hot to eat at all.

Anybody got the normal food, not the 5-a-day? What is it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

:eek:
    Right beside work and all. I love spicy food so sounds like it won't disappoint ^^^:D

How did I not know about this place already.....can't wait for lunch time Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Nommy!! :D
    Went last night and it was briliant. Ugh! It's cheap and close to Chapters. I know I'm going to be going back more than I can afford to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

omg, i have to try this place! *want*

jsut wish they didn't ruin food with hotness, it would taste far better if it was mild. All you can taste off some food is burning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

stoppit! youre making me drool more!!!

omg i so want to go now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

jsut wish they didn't ruin food with hotness, it would taste far better if it was mild. All you can taste off some food is burning.

sounds like its authentic indian....as an irish born indian i cant wait to try ...love th hotness of indian street food

Advertisement