Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vegetarian Restaurant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

jsut wish they didn't ruin food with hotness, it would taste far better if it was mild. All you can taste off some food is burning.
    Ah would you go'way outta that, food isn't food unless it burns the mouth, oesophagus and stomach off yeh! :D

Any idea of this place's vegan-friendliness? I assume the staff would be up to speed on the whole vegan deely if they're running a veggie restaurant?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

jsut wish they didn't ruin food with hotness, it would taste far better if it was mild. All you can taste off some food is burning.

It's really not that hot especially for indian food! stop putting people off!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Seems to be doing the opposite! I could barely manage the saag aloo, I sweatjust looking at indian food :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

--LOS-- wrote: »
    It's really not that hot especially for indian food! stop putting people off!
    "Not that hot"?? Sounds awful, I'm never going now :p

Unless it's got good vegan food. Does it? Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Only one way to find out Breezer! You'll have to go and let use know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Indian restaurants usually cook everything in ghee (stop laughing) which is a kind of clarified butter so that would make most of their foods non-vegan. My local Indian cooks food in vegetable oils on request which is great for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

It says on their site that they use pure olive oil in their cooking, and sunflower oil for frying.
    http://www.delhiodeli.com/Aboutus.php

I would say at the prices in this restaurant they wouldn't be using ghee. I don't think many of the takeaway/fast foody places here use it as expense & sourcing might be more difficult, or the expense & hassle of making it themselves.
    But then there's no harm in asking, to be sure to be sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Breezer wrote: »
    Ah would you go'way outta that, food isn't food unless it burns the mouth, oesophagus and stomach off yeh! :D

Any idea of this place's vegan-friendliness? I assume the staff would be up to speed on the whole vegan deely if they're running a veggie restaurant?

The one member of staff I asked seemed to have no clue what veganism was. So I just asked was there milk in any of the daily fivers. She said no but one of them had paneer in it :confused: I avoided that one, obviously.
    A good few of the things are obviously vegan as the sauces are so thin (you can tell a mile away there is no cream in them)

And yes, it burns :( But in a good way :D

Advertisement