Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky TV is stuck on radio.

• 04-04-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

My Daughter was watching Sky today and she did something to the settings , it seems to be stuck on radio. You can watch TV by putting in the channel number but when you go up and down the channels it goes back to radio. I've looked through the settings and cant find anything to put it back , can anyone help.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Have you tried powering off the sky box (plugging it out of the mains and back in again after 10 seconds) and plugging it back in again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I havent tried plugging it out but I have turned it off and back on but I'll try plugging it out

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

When in doubt plug it out.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭rob the satman

scaller wrote: »
    When in doubt plug it out.:)

if that does not work,you could try a software download, PM me and I will tell you how, don't feel like witing it now, it's too late :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭PyeContinental

No point in PMs for information that isn't private, and is of potential use to anyone else reading this thread, either now or in the future.

To force a software download:
    - Turn off power supply to the box (switch off at wall socket and wait 20 seconds).
    - Hold down the backup button on the box (not the remote).
    - Turn power on to box (switch back on at the wall socket).
    - Wait for all lights to come on, then let go of the backup button.
    After this, the box should reboot, indicated by all lights going off again.

For a full system planner rebuild:
    - Press services, and go to settings on remote
    - Then press 0.0.1 select on remote for new EPG, then planner rebuild

I wonder what it was that your daughter did though. How do kids (and elderly parents) always find unusual ways of breaking things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ratedR

Advertisement