Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality washing line

• 04-04-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good quality washing line, the actual line itself. I'm sick of replacing the cheaper ones every six months or so. Does anyone know where to get one and which type do you think is best? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

I'm looking for a good quality washing line, the actual line itself. I'm sick of replacing the cheaper ones every six months or so. Does anyone know where to get one and which type do you think is best? Cheers

A length of stainless steel cable strikes me as a permanent solution. That and the allied cable fixing ironmongery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Don't know if that would work with a winch and pulley system. Any idea where id get some of that wire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

A length of stainless steel cable strikes me as a permanent solution. That and the allied cable fixing ironmongery.

Exactly what I have been thinking of doing. Braided S/S cable - Ship's Chandlers, here I come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Don't know if that would work with a winch and pulley system. Any idea where id get some of that wire?

As cnocbui says. Alternatively, a ring around stainless steel merchants such as Leslie Reynolds might elicit some leads if they've not got it themselves

There are min limits to the diameter you can wrap a steel cable around without it unravelling, but since you can go right down in cable diameter (3-4mm would easily cope with whatever load your washing adds up to) I don't see why you couldn't utilise your existing kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Here:

http://www.uk-rigging-solutions.co.uk/rigging/stainless-steel.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement