Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm suggestion?

Options
  • 04-04-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi im looking suggestions for wireless alarm system that i could install myself, its for a small cottage so 1 pir sensor would cover the house as anyone entering through any door or window would have to pass through the living room-kitchen.
    Also i don't have a landline, yet i would like to have "phone alerts" if the alarm is triggered. does anyone out there do a complete system that would suit me? Say something i can install a pre pay sim in?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Take a look at the powermax complete kit. It comes with 2 PiRs 1 Contact & 2 remote keyfobs.
    You can add a GSM module & use a prepay SIM card, but be aware of the limitations re GSMs & how easily they can be jammed.
    Powermax are launching a new GSM kit next month & HKC are also launching the Quantum 70 next month if you want to wait till then & shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I would also have a look at the Powermax express kit. You will need to buy an External bell plus other accessories but with the GSM included in the pack it will save you a few quid.

Advertisement