Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Securing new home

Options
  • 04-04-2011 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm moving into a new rented home soon and I want to find the best way to secure it. Normally I wouldn't take a house without an alarm but this particular house is quite nice and the rent is very reasonable. Its in a normal working class area.

I'm going to change the locks when I move in as I always would. The house has double glazing but the windows don't have locks even though they are new (ish). I was told by a glazer that this shouldn't be an issue as locks can easily be snapped off.

Can anyone suggest where I can start with security ? off the shelf alarms or cameras ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Take a look at the powermax complete kit. It comes with 2 PiRs 1 Contact & 2 remote keyfobs.
    You can add a GSM module & use a prepay SIM card, but be aware of the limitations re GSMs & how easily they can be jammed.
    Powermax are launching a new GSM kit next month & HKC are also launching the Quantum 70 next month if you want to wait till then & shop around.
    As these are fully wireless they would suit rented accommodation as you could easily remove it & take it with you in the future. Very easy to self install also,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The Powermax express is the panel. It comes with a GSM plus you get 10 Euro credit to get you going. 1 two way fob, 2 motions, 1 contact. There is no external bell in the pack so this will have to be bought as extra as will any other sensors you need.

Advertisement