Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Call Charges List

Options
  • 04-04-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here know where I can get a list of call charges for international dialing with Eircom, I have searched google, eircom.net, eircom.ie, and all i can find is "10-20% discount to talktime package holders",:rolleyes: which is really not much help as I want to know what the full cost is, before I start making long calls. They must have to publish a list of charges somewhere, right?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Talk to eircom

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

daywalker wrote: »
    Does anyone here know where I can get a list of call charges for international dialing with Eircom, I have searched google, eircom.net, eircom.ie, and all i can find is "10-20% discount to talktime package holders",:rolleyes: which is really not much help as I want to know what the full cost is, before I start making long calls. They must have to publish a list of charges somewhere, right?:confused:

Hi daywalker
    will try and get this for you. Hope to have this by end of day.:)
    Tony

daywalker wrote: »

Hi Daywalker
    this link will take you to our online pricing structure at www.eircom.ie.
    Hope this helps.
    If not let me know.:)
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xabi_a

Hi Daywalker
    this link will take you to our online pricing structure at www.eircom.ie.
    Hope this helps.
    If not let me know.:)
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Can you say how you navigate to that call-charge list on the Eircom website?

I find it astonishing that Eircom tries to sell packages all over their website, while it's nigh on impossible to find out simple cost information for the same packages!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

xabi_a wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

You cannot navigate to that list through the eircom website, there is a landing page on the old website ( it hasn't gone away you know) if you want to get to it.

Naturally Tony will get this anomaly sorted so that eircom customers have easy access to accurate and timely call cost data as required by the terms of their licence...once he gets me that list of exchange DSL live dates I asked for 2 weeks ago that is :)

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,

I find it astonishing that Eircom tries to sell packages all over their website, while it's nigh on impossible to find out simple cost information for the same packages!

Hi xabi_a
    no problem.
    If you go to our website eircom.ie. Go to bottom of page ( to grey banner) and click on pricing, this takes you to eircom pricing page.
    To view a list of prices take a look at eircom Telecommunications Scheme
    You will also see all of our general terms and conditions there. Sorry you could not locate this, I had provided link in hope of making that easier for you.
    Hope this helps
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xabi_a

Hi xabi_a
    no problem.
    If you go to our website eircom.ie. Go to bottom of page ( to grey banner) and click on pricing, this takes you to eircom pricing page.
    To view a list of prices take a look at eircom Telecommunications Scheme
    You will also see all of our general terms and conditions there. Sorry you could not locate this, I had provided link in hope of making that easier for you.
    Hope this helps
    Tony

Tony, yes that does make things easier for me, at this moment.

Excuse my cynicism, but the next time I want to know eircom call prices I will have completely forgotten this information, and again it will be nigh on impossible to find it.

We can see the true Eircom strategy here: it takes about 3 simple clicks to get to a brightly coloured "Buy now" link. Whereas to find out the pricing for what you might be buying, it requires clicking a small, grey link at the bottom of the page, followed by a link called "Eircom Telecommunications Scheme" (what's that got to do with pricing?), followed by two more clicks taking you to a black-and-white pdf document with 21 pages, which looks like some legal document.

To be fair other phone providers are probably not much better. But I'd favour any provide that provided clear pricing information that's easy to access.

Tony, yes that does make things easier for me, at this moment.

Excuse my cynicism, but the next time I want to know eircom call prices I will have completely forgotten this information, and again it will be nigh on impossible to find it.

We can see the true Eircom strategy here: it takes about 3 simple clicks to get to a brightly coloured "Buy now" link. Whereas to find out the pricing for what you might be buying, it requires clicking a small, grey link at the bottom of the page, followed by a link called "Eircom Telecommunications Scheme" (what's that got to do with pricing?), followed by two more clicks taking you to a black-and-white pdf document with 21 pages, which looks like some legal document.

To be fair other phone providers are probably not much better. But I'd favour any provide that provided clear pricing information that's easy to access.

Yes that is a fair point xabi_a and I have brought this to our online development team. I can understand your cynicism but the 'brightly coloured buy now' link does advise of rental and package prices as well as product info, which we have found to be the most requested pricing table.
    We are attempting to make our online information easier with our new Myeircom platform and I will mention your point to this section..
    Thanks for posting this.
    Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Why don't you give them the short and quick link Tony, you know the one you told Comreg about.

Advertisement