Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

256gb usb sticks

Options
  • 04-04-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Ive managed to pick up 10 kingston usb's with 256gb on memory on them.how much do you think i should sell them for, i can only find them on donedeal and there €150 a pop :eek:.That seems a bit expensive to me but just want a bit of feedback off some people in the know:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I'll give you a tenner for 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

did a Nigerian prince sell them to you perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

do you actually have them? where did you get them?
    do a test and try fill it with data. see if it takes 120gb.

ill buy 1 if its legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Ive managed to pick up 10 kingston usb's with 256gb on memory on them.how much do you think i should sell them for, i can only find them on donedeal and there €150 a pop :eek:.That seems a bit expensive to me but just want a bit of feedback off some people in the know:)

Pick up? Like the back of a truck/unguarded warehouse/illegal imports/fakes?

pick up

The process which entails meeting a dealer in a (usually) prearranged place, and purchasing--'picking up'--your dope.
    Guy 1: "Oi, where an' when we goin' to pick up?"
    Guy 2: "We're on our way to the kebab van right now to pick up you twat."
    Guy 1: "Yaaaaaaay!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13 skyline51510

So NO ONE can give my an adult answer so, i taught this was a forum for people to get some realistic info and a bit of feed back.I taught wrong:(.There not stolen or any thing like that i bought them my self and am now looking to sell thats all whats the big deal like:confused::confused::confused:.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/8411659/art/kingston/256gb-datatraveler-310-ki.html

Why would anyone pay this when you can get a TB for 100 quid? Portability is great, but it's not worth that much.

I'll give you 50 quid for one OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

same here op,.. 50 quid.. :P... by reading this you accept my offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

So NO ONE can give my an adult answer so

heres your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

+1 I hope they are genuine dude but doubt it if they are that cheap.

@Auvers thats not what i have by the way, but them ones do exist there for sale on donedeal as i said and saw them myself, saying that i dont know where that lad got them.

• Advertisement

@Auvers thats not what i have by the way, but them ones do exist there for sale on donedeal as i said and saw them myself, saying that i dont know where that lad got them.
    so OP where did you buy yours for this low low price?

Well then I say 50-100e each would move them fast you would prob get yourself 500e together by the weekend if they were 50e if they were 100 you would defiantly sell them but a bit slower I suspect. Let me know what you are selling them for and I might take one off you. Would obviously need to test it first but if worked out will give you the thumbs up here if anyone else is interested.

Was going to suggest ebaying them but that might be hard with all the fakes out their

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

OP why are all your posts based around scams?

@jumpy how is this about a scam i asked a price to sell the usbs at so f**k off and bother someone else and i got them in the same place i got my imac, a brother of mine works in usa and the design company he works for gives them to the design team to use and theres always extra left over every year as the old ones dont be full .I bought a 21.5 imac on boards a while back and was telling him about it, and he sent me a 25 imac for about €400 including shipping, 16gb of ram and 1tb memory so i sold mine to a college friend.Thanks for all the help do:rolleyes:, this is a good site for information and advice:rolleyes:.I think ill ask my 7 year old about it she might have a better idea than ye w***ers.:mad:

@K.P.H thanks for adult answer i was thinking €50-€70 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

@jumpy how is this about a scam i asked a price to sell the usbs at so f**k off and bother someone else and i got them in the same place i got my imac, a brother of mine works in usa and the design company he works for gives them to the design team to use and theres always extra left over every year as the old ones dont be full .I bought a 21.5 imac on boards a while back and was telling him about it, and he sent me a 25 imac for about €400 including shipping, 16gb of ram and 1tb memory so i sold mine to a college friend.Thanks for all the help do:rolleyes:, this is a good site for information and advice:rolleyes:.I think ill ask my 7 year old about it she might have a better idea than ye w***ers.:mad:

And this is an adult answer?

goes well with the other bull i got

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

Being fair 90% of the people selling these on the net are fakes and the users here probably thought that you were a troll if you had of explained where you got them in op you would not have got such answers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

So the company just hands out probably a week worth of pay in USB's to everyone on the design team? And theres 10 left over? And they let your brother just take them? What is the name of this wondrous company you speak of?

But in all fairness can you not see why we are suspicious here?

to be fair Skyline, you're very new here and your only other thread was about a scam too, of course suspicions are higher than normal + the fact that 256gb flash cards "bought somewhere cheap" are 1 of the biggest electronic scams going.

The only non adult posts here are yours so far + you're very defensive.

nothing wrong with a playful tounge in cheap post. and people were offering to buy some. You've yet to prove them wrong with it being legit.

With your attitude, i hope you dont try to sell any by knocking on doors or anything.
    Im withdrawing my offer to buy.
    GLWS.

• Advertisement

Jaafa wrote: »
    So the company just hands out probably a week worth of pay in USB's to everyone on the design team? And theres 10 left over? And they let your brother just take them? What is the name of this wondrous company you speak of?

But in all fairness can you not see why we are suspicious here?
    totally agree.

What kind of design company sells all their imacs at the end of the year, and buys ludicrously expensive 256gb USB flash drives for all their design employees? what would the USB stick do that a cheap 2.5" external HDD cant do?

there's a whiff of porkies in the air.

@jaffa no there wasnt 10 left over but 36 to be exact and he works for apple.I suppose they get them cheap themselves they but i had to buy them i didnt get them for free and i only wanted a price .When they come ill have a picture of them and might take one out of its packet and put a couple of hundred gb of drawings and stuff to show anyone who comes and looks to buy.

Yes i am new to this site, bought an imac and sold a laptop and car here so far and was going to buy another laptop today but was to late with an offer(not for me):(.Im not a scammer the last question was about an imac (i think) and i was the one been scammed but i got some good advice here and ended up buying and selling a few things here because of it.Ive never messed anyone around on this site but i think i might have to move on.

@tea bag they dont sell there imacs every year, but they do every couple of years.The usbs are used for design work they do from home and are used because of there size ie small enought to be put on there id cards that are around there neck and also the gb size a 2gb would be no good for a software designer that works for the most advanced computer company on the planet.

@skyline don't be too worried about defending yourself on here, see the thing is what your selling is often faked so that probably threw a few people in that direction(including myself I must admit).

But rather than asking for an explanation or showing some concern In case you purchased them or something people opposed you with some tongue in cheek comments and put you on the defensive. Happens all the time on forums it's just the way they work's unfortunately, I'v seen many a interesting thread dragged under into frivolous bull with no one to blame really except the fact that usual manners don't apply online :rolleyes:

Anyway with your price range you will have load's of people interested including me so give me a shout. That amount of storage is very useful I lost a lot of code and design work when my HD got corrupted some pain. With the amount of media be moving around these days 16gb is not alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Id be interested if your selling, give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

...he works for apple...
    ...the most advanced computer company on the planet.
    :pac:

/contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I wouldnt guys, you are gonna get burned.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

This thread was moderately amusing for a while, but... just no.

kph and GarIT - Do NOT try to buy these articles, they are almost certainly either stolen or fake.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement