Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Politics

Options
  • 04-04-2011 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I was banned from Politics which I thought was absolutely unfair.

I have a feeling that very young and inexperienced moderator Eliot Rosewater banned me purely for my personal beliefs. It looks like a censorship imposed on my independent opinion, which denies my constitutional right for freedom of speech/expression.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056220119&page=13

Therefore I would appreciate if somebody more mature and experienced in Politics would assess my case and re-consider the decision.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Euroland
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

There is no constitutional right to free speech in this country and there definitely isn't a right to free speech on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I'm afraid I don't see any issue with this ban. The ban was issued specifically for your posts on Libya, which I don't have any hesitation in describing as trolling or soapboxing - but to be honest, reviewing your posting history, they're not all that different from the rest of your posts in the forum.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Euroland

Scofflaw wrote: »
    I'm afraid I don't see any issue with this ban. The ban was issued specifically for your posts on Libya, which I don't have any hesitation in describing as trolling or soapboxing - but to be honest, reviewing your posting history, they're not all that different from the rest of your posts in the forum.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Can you specify what exact trolling is in my posts? I just have different view on some of the events. Otherwise, it looks like censorship and punishment for dissent.

Euroland wrote: »
    Can you specify what exact trolling is in my posts? I just have different view on some of the events. Otherwise, it looks like censorship and punishment for dissent.

You don't have different views from me, I think, so that explanation doesn't fly. As to the old "specify what exactly trolling is" - I'm afraid there's an element of "I know it when I see it".

There isn't that much point arguing the toss with me or the other CMods on whether something is trolling or not, because that's not the DR process. You've asked for a review of the decision by Eliot, the decision has been reviewed by 2 CMods now, and neither of us have a problem with the decision. If you're not happy with that, then your next step is to escalate this to the Admins, who will also review the original decision, not the reasons the CMods support the decision.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

You don't have different views from me

Do you support Kaddafi too? :confused:

• Advertisement

Euroland wrote: »
    Do you support Kaddafi too? :confused:

More that I don't have a view on the issue - which is why I'm not involved in those threads.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

More that I don't have a view on the issue - which is why I'm not involved in those threads.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

So, your view is different from mine. If so, I have to have the right to express my view. I believe that we all should comply with our Irish Constitution, which protects freedom of speech (Article 40.6.1). Noone should be punished for his/her opinion.

BR,
    Euroland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Apologies all, I am going to cut this dialogue short as there are many DRTs waiting to be dealt with.

Euroland, this is the Dispute resolution area of Boards, and not another discussion forum. In keeping with the spirit of this Forum, I have reviewed your original ban and agree with the forum Mod's original decision. I also agree with the 2 Cmod's decision on your dispute to uphold the ban
    The ban stands.

In relation to you last post. You do not have freedom of speech on Boards. This is a private site and it has its own rules regulations and charters that all user, including you, agreed to abide by when they sign up.
    I am closing this thread as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement