Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuber tube, rock and roller Oca

Options
  • 04-04-2011 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Well, last year the Oca grew, it is very different tasty, with a citrus/apple flavour that goes well with shellfish and lamb but yield and size left a bit to be desired.
    So, inspired by some potato growers, I've decided to take a shot at growing Oca in a tyre set-up.
    roca9basicantislug.jpg
    Not going to go into details on that here as most will know the theory, and I've already done a comprehensive guide on the blog - link in sig.

However, I recon the extra heat from the tyre/rock combo should increase size and yield, and there is the insulation factor from the rubber, as wall as an option to add a glass or transparent cover to increase temp.

If the result is poor, I dont think it's worth the hassle to grow out here.

Advertisement