Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How best to go to scotland?

• 04-04-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

What's the best route via ferry to go to scotland with a car and caravan?
    We've relations in glasgow and arer thinking of going there in september.
    We live in county limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Stena out of Belfast I would say.

If you have Tesco vouchers you can use them to pay for it.

P&O out of Larne have the shortest sailing over the summer and they also go the nearest to Glasgow saving some driving miles. But it an extra 30miles past Belfast, so that 60 extra round trip, or over an hours travel time.

Limerick Dublin Belfast (Larne) motorway all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

We've done the P&O Larne to Cairnryan saling which is grand.
    I agree the final stretch from Belfast to Larne was a bit of a drag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

http://www.nutttravel.com/

Nuttravel Northern Ireland, very reasonable by all accounts, anyone who has used them might comment

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

definately larne to stranraer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Did Ballycastle to Cambelltown (Mull of Kintyre) ever get going again? Would only be useful for the West Coast of Scotland - nae Glasgow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Gene Hunt

As far as I remember Larne don't do Stranaer, it's Belfast - Stranraer, Larne -Cairnryan, but personally in the summer months I do Larne - Troon, cuts out alot of the slow journey up from Cairnryan dock and leaves you just south west of Glasgow by far the best route.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭locky76

Gene Hunt wrote: »
    As far as I remember Larne don't do Stranaer, it's Belfast - Stranraer, Larne -Cairnryan, but personally in the summer months I do Larne - Troon, cuts out alot of the slow journey up from Cairnryan dock and leaves you just south west of Glasgow by far the best route.

Cheers Gene,
    i've been searching the troon sailing but it doesn't seem to allow for caravans, the P&O website keeps redirecting me to the cairnryan port instead.
    does anyone know if you can bring a caravan on the troon sailing?

Advertisement