Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Here's some details on the 'Welcome Back Package'
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/06/scee-identity-theft-protection-offering/

Just wondering, what if you are both a PSP user and PS3 user? Wonder if we can avail of both! Suppose it's time to fire up the PSP!
    A selection of 2 out of 5? Not bad, was expecting 1 game of their choice!

Got a EU account and a JP for me, and then 2 extra EU accounts so i'm getting all 5 games :D + whatever JP get.

I have a psp so if it's a choice i'll go for the PS3 stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

BArra wrote: »
    will we get to keep for good these ps3 games?

or will they only be playable for the 30 days of ps+ being active?

They're separate from the 30 days plus access.
    ben101 wrote: »
    I thought this excerpt from playstation.blog.europe was interesting

"in the US we are offering all PSN users one year’s free access to an identity protection scheme. I can assure you that here in the SCEE region, we are working incredibly hard to offer you something very similar"

A years FREE access,so when the years up does this mean you will have to PAY to keep your details relatively safe.
    Surely they're not thinking of trying to make money off the backs of customers who have already been shafted:eek:

It's not a sony run service. It's a credit check company who monitor your details to see if they pop up anywhere in relation to criminal activities or investigations. I also assume they monitor credit card/loan applications made in your name. It's a way of giving piece of mind. after a year it's highly unlikely your details would be used. It's already highly unlikely. A 1 in 77million chance, which I imagine is about the same chance of having your details stolen and used in any other type of hack or scam. I've had my bank ring up warning me my card details may have been stolen before, and it had appeared on a list of potentially compromised cards by Visa. If you really want your details to be safe you'd have to just stop using the Internet and your credit cards altogether. Every time you use it there's a risk. I'm not too worried about my details being in a big mass of 77 million user details. Rather that than the 900 cards that were compromised in the SOE attack. :p Rather be 1 in 77 million than 900.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Have a Japensee and US account too myself, tis looking good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Have a Japensee and US account too myself, tis looking good!
    Never bothered with the JP acc, just have the US one too. Oh, and I have a UK account too. Might be getting the whole collection!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

It would seem that the software update is only available via the PS3. had a look on the playstation website and it still lists current version of 3.60. The load on the servers will be huge and download times ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Damien360 wrote: »
    It would seem that the software update is only available via the PS3. had a look on the playstation website and it still lists current version of 3.60. The load on the servers will be huge and download times ridiculous.

Is 3.61 out on the PS3?

Chavways wrote: »
    Is 3.61 out on the PS3?

Nope

Chavways wrote: »
    Is 3.61 out on the PS3?

I'll be disappointed if this is 3.61, Sony better make it 3.70. 2-3 weeks of work by them is worth 3.70 maybe 3.80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Varik wrote: »
    I'll be disappointed if this is 3.61, Sony better make it 3.70. 2-3 weeks of work by them is worth 3.70 maybe 3.80.

What difference does it make Varik?
    Kearneybobs
    Just wondering, what if you are both a PSP user and PS3 user? Wonder if we can avail of both! Suppose it's time to fire up the PSP!

Snapped up a psp go last week for 40e, would be sweet to get a couple free games on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Damn, should've had a few accounts set up on the thing. :pac:

• Advertisement

Snapped up a psp go last week for 40e, would be sweet to get a couple free games on it :)
    Hmmm. Here's hoping that they will be allowing it for new PSN users like you. Somehow I dont think so. :( Probably going to be limited to PSN accounts that were active/created before the downtime. You never know though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Have 2 accounts irish and english, great to get games for each one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any new news to report guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Have 2 accounts irish and english, great to get games for each one

got an american one and an irish one,never thought of double the goodies,every cloud has a silver lining:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Here's some details on the 'Welcome Back Package'
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/06/scee-identity-theft-protection-offering/

What about a PS3 and Xbox 360 user ? :P I own a PS3 but most of my games are on the 360 so this hasn't affected me one bit. I haven't even played a single game online on the PS network yet I think :pac:

I'll still take the free games though if I'm eligible for them :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

What sort of games will we be getting free? I Wouldn't mind the latest fight night game;)

James_LWAU wrote: »
    What sort of games will we be getting free? I Wouldn't mind the latest fight night game;)

Downloadable games, in the price range of 5-10 euro i'd say, no retail releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

jamescd wrote: »
    What about a PS3 and Xbox 360 user ? :P I own a PS3 but most of my games are on the 360 so this hasn't affected me one bit. I haven't even played a single game online on the PS network yet I think :pac:

I'll still take the free games though if I'm eligible for them :D.

You must be one of the worst hit gamers.... lol ;)

Downloadable games, in the price range of 5-10 euro i'd say, no retail releases.
    I thought the same thing at first. But maybe, just maybe they could possibly give full games. There's quite a few of them on PSN these days. Ones that have a lot of DLC maybe so that they can hope to capitalise on the DLC purchases off of it. Probably not though.

• Advertisement

What difference does it make Varik?

The number itself does not matter but Sony tend to mess it up with firmware versions numbering, they released it once with no change in firmware version which defies any standards out there and lead to problems as no one was sure which version they already had the bricking version or the safe version. That was stupid and without reason and better practices would be good.

Will this be back tomorrow?

Will this be back tomorrow?

The truth is that none of us know when it will be back dude.
    finges crossed for tomorrow though;)

edit:just read on another news site it is early next week, disapointed I am :(

lets hope that is final date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

The truth is that none of us know when it will be back dude.
    finges crossed for tomorrow though;)

they said early next week in der lastest statement...ders a link to it on the previous page

jimbob86 wrote: »
    they said early next week in der lastest statement...ders a link to it on the previous page

Really?

I must be blind if thats the case:D, what post is it dude? i keep hearing the phrases 'soon and 'very soon' by sony but didn't know we had confirmation on dates since the, 'Tuesday last deadline' and then' last sunday Japanese press conf stating, back by end of this week'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*sigh* sony your breaking my heart :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

dont say "this week" if its not true sony :mad:

Lads does anyone know if theres any good horse racing games on the PSN store that i'd be able to download for free when the psn resumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Lads does anyone know if theres any good horse racing games on the PSN store that i'd be able to download for free when the psn resumes.

Not that I know of but you could always get 'Buckaroo.' Remember that classic where you pin the items on the horse before he bucks? I recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    Not that I know of but you could always get 'Buckaroo.' Remember that classic where you pin the items on the horse before he bucks? I recommend it.

Ah yes, the sport of Kings.

27537_108673659169055_3869_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

judging by the latest blog it aint happening this weekend

:mad:

As you may know, we’ve begun the process of restoring the service through internal testing of the new system. We’re still working to confirm the security of the network infrastructure, as well as working with a variety of outside entities to confirm with them of the security of the system. Verifying the system security is vital for the process of restoration. Additional comprehensive system checks and testing are still required, and we must complete that process before bringing the systems online.

As you’ve heard us say, our utmost priorities are the security of the network and ensuring your data is safe. We won’t restore the services until we can test the system’s strength in these respects.

When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week. We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system. We know many of you are wanting to play games online, chat with your friends and enjoy all of the services PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have to offer, and trust me when I say we’re doing everything we can to make it happen. We will update you with more information as soon as we have it. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience of this network outage

Sigh

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

havn't tried to play my PS3 in weeks, heard about the hack etc... wasnt to worried, my Credit card has a low limit,
    but is it true we all get a months free playstation plus, and if sohow many of you are planning on downloading all you can before them months up
    Games: enjoy loads of PlayStation Network games, minis and PS one classics plus premium avatars and dynamic themes, all worth at least £200* a year. You'll also get exclusive PlayStation Store discounts and early access to demos and beta trials. Content is updated every month on PlayStation Store, so there will always be something new to enjoy.
    also have about 3 accounts on it, when tring to avail of BBC iplayer etc... :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mousey- wrote: »
    havn't tried to play my PS3 in weeks, heard about the hack etc... wasnt to worried, my Credit card has a low limit,
    but is it true we all get a months free playstation plus,

It's true.
    and if sohow many of you are planning on downloading all you can before them months up

Download all you want but you won't have any access to the free stuff when the month is up.
    You will keep anything you spend you're money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

F1ngers wrote: »
    Download all you want but you won't have any access to the free stuff when the month is up.
    Thats pretty pointless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

does anybody actually wonder how bad some people are going to be after turning COD on for the first time in 3 weeks? lol :p

but is it true we all get a months free playstation plus, and if sohow many of you are planning on downloading all you can before them months up

Also the PS+ free games etc. change month to month, so you'll only be able to download that months offering, not every game offered from months before.
    Thats pretty pointless

Not if you play the games as much as you want to within that month. There will also be discounts on games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

morritty wrote: »
    does anybody actually wonder how bad some people are going to be after turning COD on for the first time in 3 weeks? lol :p

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

you do realise you can still actually play games just not online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Played it on xbox yesterday got milled out of it. Throwing grenades instead of shooting an all :)

you do realise you can still actually play games just not online?
    yes i know you can play offline but its totally differant to online
    i was playing on a friends xbox too and it was awful

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There are also many thousands of superb computer games that are not Call of Duty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

There are also many thousands of superb computer games that are not Call of Duty.

966f1cd9.jpg

I agree, restarted the ghostbusters campain :D might have a go with fallout NV later

thanks for the information, its news to me!....most gamers like nothing but cod online, like me if its not cod its not worth playing for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

There are even some superb online shooters that are not Call of Duty.
    MarkY91 wrote:
    like me if its not cod its not worth playing for me

Do yourself a favour and try out some other online or offline games. While I do like the odd game of COD there are many, many other games out there.

Bringing up an interesting point... Are COD only players casual or core gamers...

I'll get the practice swords...

Notorious wrote: »
    There are even some superb online shooters that are not Call of Duty.

Do yourself a favour and try out some other online or offline games. While I do like the odd game of COD there are many, many other games out there.

ive played many ps3 games throughout the years..what can i do for me nothing compares to cod games its just my personal preference :)

i forgot to mention i played all the assassins creed games and little big planets and fifas :P but ye online nothing compares to cod........baffles me why they even make a campaign mode, waist of time, disc space etc

so tell me, what games do you think are better than cod online? battlefield?..played it was awful, killzone..awful, rainbow 6 DISASTER, i have medal of honour to be honest it kept my black ops disc outa my ps3 for a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

MarkY91 wrote: »
    so tell me, what games do you think are better than cod online? battlefield?..played it was awful, killzone..awful, rainbow 6 DISASTER, i have medal of honour to be honest it kept my black ops disc outa my ps3 for a while :)

Battlefield is 10 times the game COD is.

Bringing up an interesting point... Are COD only players casual or core gamers...

I'll get the practice swords...

first game i played online was cod 4...played through all them right up to black ops..as mentioned above i have a try at loads of shooters and other types online but they were all mostly crap compared to cod...everyone has their own opinions and i just dont like to play any shooters online other than cod

*awaits the taunting because my opinion is different than yours*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

also have about 3 accounts on it, when tring to avail of BBC iplayer etc... :)

Did that ever work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

MarkY91 wrote: »
    so tell me, what games do you think are better than cod online?

Personally, I'd pick Battlefield over COD. I perfer the tactical side to Battlefield over COD's run-and-gun gameplay, as well as the different classes that give a varied element to the game. Your assault class provides ammo and the medic keeps your team alive. If you come across a trigger happy tank driver, your sniper or engineer can take it out.

COD online is great, but only in small quantities for me. I see it as the Groundhog Day of shooters.

Advertisement