Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Was playing Castlevania LOS there and got a message stating I had just disconnected from an /Wireless/access point via PSN!
    Never got that message before.

Could it be back tomorrow?

Nah, Ive been getting that every time i turn the ps3 on which is set to auto sign in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Was playing Castlevania LOS there and got a message stating I had just disconnected from an /Wireless/access point via PSN!
    Never got that message before.

Could it be back tomorrow?

You don't happen to be with UPC? If so it just disconnecting from the wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Jet Black wrote: »
    You don't happen to be with UPC? If so it just disconnecting from the wifi.

Nah, Eircom for my sins :(

Oh well, never got that message before. if it goes on past next week, I am just gonna get 3 months subscription for live or whatever the min amount is.

p.s don't mean that in a petulant, screw sony way, i just miss having the option of online play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

So STILL no concrete date?

Sony, you really aren't getting any better at this public relations dealio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

is it back on! one of me mates says it is but hes prob taking the piss and i couldnt b bothered tryin in case its not

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jimbob86 wrote: »
    is it back on! one of me mates says it is but hes prob taking the piss and i couldnt b bothered tryin in case its not

Is what back on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The race for best rage post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

just get an xbox. bound to be better service if they charge for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Grayditch wrote: »

That won't be mine anyway, got all the work due tomorrow done. All 7,843 words as well as two 20 minute powerpoint presentations. All in all an excellent weekend, topped off right now by playing some MGS1 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PSN-Humor.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Grayditch wrote: »

rage3.jpg

Headshot wrote: »
    rage3.jpg

Haha.

sony-why-you-no-encrypt-data.png

aaronh007 wrote: »
    That won't be mine anyway, got all the work due tomorrow done. All 7,843 words as well as two 20 minute powerpoint presentations. All in all an excellent weekend, topped off right now by playing some MGS1 :cool:

Productivity FTW :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Productivity FTW :)

You say that, but I've had the last 3 weeks to get it all done... Easter holidays have ruined my motivation :(:pac:

The procrastination-station has also kept me from doing work. Especially MGS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tumblr_lka9ofPDmN1qc3zato1_500.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

all these picture jokes have been shown before. Nothing new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Kenno90 wrote: »
    We all are. Did you get an email.

I didnt get any email

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭SeanQCitizen

Chavways wrote: »
    Do you have platinum for Black Ops?

Not yet (a very hopeful yet). Not great at FPS's tbh. 10 out of 10 for effort though. :)

T2daK wrote: »
    just get an xbox. bound to be better service if they charge for it

It sure is. Nothing that ever cost money was ever crap. ever.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Article on Bloomberg, Sony spokesman aiming to "Fully Restore" PSN services by the "End of May."

Link
    Shigenori Yoshida, a Tokyo-based spokesman said. Sony is uncertain when it can resume the services, Yoshida said by phone today.

The company is in the process of adopting an improved security system and its plan to restart the services fully by May 31 is unchanged, he said.

I'd imagine this is for the full suite of PSN services including Qtrocity etc, hopefully online multiplayer is turned on before the end of May.

Still that's 40 days offline, if they do manage to get it back online before the end of the month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Sony always said it would be until the end of may until full service is resumed. However we're expecting online play in the next few days (Should have been last week, but the SOE scandal set things back).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sony always said it would be until the end of may until full service is resumed. However we're expecting online play in the next few days (Should have been last week, but the SOE scandal set things back).

Oh I thought it was for the whole thing :o

I wish EA games would somehow get the hint that PSN is down.

Welcome to (Insert EA title here).

Select Career mode - whoa, hold on there, you're not signed in. We'll try sign you in. No sign in? You can't avail of some of the features unless you're connected to the EA servers. Ok no problem.

Select New Career - whoa, hold on there, you're not signed in.....

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Anyone want to hazard a guess whether linking a steam account with PSN will be possible when multiplayer comes back up?
    Or will it require the store to be back online too?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A-Trak wrote: »
    Anyone want to hazard a guess whether linking a steam account with PSN will be possible when multiplayer comes back up?

I'd say it will be OK when MP is back up. I was one of the lucky ones to register just before it went down, and it seemed to just need a simple PSN connection and then Steam itself took over.

I'm just going to set up a trophy rating system at home to ease the loss. The wife could hand out trophies for missions like

operation cut the grass and clean the patio successfully completed.

found all the missing odd socks.

put out all bins mission completed.

You are now a major....

For the full feel though I could get the neighbors 13Y/O kid to shout abuse over the wall.

"you fv**ing noob, thats recyclable!"

Ahhh, thats better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I've been dipping in and out of this thread so apologies ahead of time if anything I post has been covered to death before.

But even though I used my CC to buy a couple of games on PSN a couple of years ago, I still haven't received an email from Sony about all of this. Now obviously I am aware of it so it is not a big deal from an information point of view as I'm aware of the facts.

But it is really bad customer service. If they have allowed someone to steal my personal and CC information, the least they could do is contact me to let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

A-Trak wrote: »
    I would imagine that since it's done from with Portal 2 and you'll need to be able to sign into the PSN account you should be alright once the online gaming portion is back up and running. I dont think it has anything to do with the PSN store part of the service. But that's a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Is the nightmare over yet? :pac:

Im fed up with this waiting, if they don’t turn it on soon il crack up, they better be two good games we are getting as opposed to old shi*e, i think there will be uproar if they are crap games. I just want to play black ops zombies for the love of God!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm just going to set up a trophy rating system at home to ease the loss. The wife could hand out trophies for missions like

operation cut the grass and clean the patio successfully completed.

found all the missing odd socks.

put out all bins mission completed.

You are now a major....

For the full feel though I could get the neighbors 13Y/O kid to shout abuse over the wall.

"you fv**ing noob, thats recyclable!"

Ahhh, thats better.

Platinum Trophy - You have 100% completed life! Congratulations!

Yea, but the last trophy is a hard one....

Gold Trophy:
    Die

*click* print

Move over college degrees and pictures of the kids, this ones going above the fireplace. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

God i hate this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Also I've completely forgotten how to play MAG.

Heh, my thumb calluses have completely smoothened over, it's gonna take me weeks of gaming to get em back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

More useless updates :
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1166810p1.html
    The PlayStation network has been down since April 20, and despite claims from Sony that the service would be partially operational by now, it's still down. And could be for some time, if a report in Bloomberg is correct.

"Sony is uncertain when it can resume the services," Tokyo-based Sony spokesperson Shigenori Yoshida is quoted as saying in the report, before letting slip a new return date, "The company is in the process of adopting an improved security system and its plan to restart the services fully by May 31 is unchanged."

Sony's most recent update on the Playstation blog said that the PSN was currently in the "final stages of internal testing." But if the new date of May 31 is to be believed, PSN-users will have been wandering the online gaming wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights upon its return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Can you imagine if they didn’t even turn the online gaming part back on before May 31st? God i cant imagine anything worse lol yes i need a life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

eddhorse wrote: »

That's not a new return date. They've said from the beginning that they aimed to have everything FULLY back by the end of this month with other features being brought back sooner, like online mp. The reporting on the debacle is turning into a debacle itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Can you imagine if they didn’t even turn the online gaming part back on before May 31st? God i cant imagine anything worse lol yes i need a life

Imagine if it never came back?

I'd literally give a 100 quid for a game of BF:BC2 right now...

Makes me regret not upgrading my PC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Getting well sick of this now . ****ing malicious hackers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Maybe the PS3 network, like skynet in the terminator movies, became self aware and Sony shut it down as a precaution?

Stranger things have happened...

Come to think of it, there was a strange ball of light and electricty flying around my back garden last night. When it was all over, this huge naked Austrian guy knocked at the door and uttered two words....

"Sarah Connor?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

Keyzer wrote: »
    Imagine if it never came back?

I'd literally give a 100 quid for a game of BF:BC2 right now...

Makes me regret not upgrading my PC...

Wow, you need to sort yourself out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I've been dipping in and out of this thread so apologies ahead of time if anything I post has been covered to death before.

But even though I used my CC to buy a couple of games on PSN a couple of years ago, I still haven't received an email from Sony about all of this. Now obviously I am aware of it so it is not a big deal from an information point of view as I'm aware of the facts.

But it is really bad customer service. If they have allowed someone to steal my personal and CC information, the least they could do is contact me to let me know.

Yup, I've not got a mail from them yet either, despite buying games through PSN on PS3 and PSP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

mcgovern wrote: »
    Yup, I've not got a mail from them yet either, despite buying games through PSN on PS3 and PSP.

I, on the otherhand, having never bought anything on PSN, nor registered a credit card, got an email last week. Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

SO i have my own account set up on my console, an account for the US Store with a seperate e-mail, & my brother has an account on the console - so this mean that i can avail of all 5 of the games on offer???

2 x My account
    2 x US account
    1 x Brothers account & 1 of the PSP games on offer?????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I have to say I really feel for the people here who are PS3 only users. Im angry that I cant play portal 2 online or get my Steam version, but I always have my Xbox to fall back on for online play...

Really wanna get some portal co-op done though. :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

SO i have my own account set up on my console, an account for the US Store with a seperate e-mail, & my brother has an account on the console - so this mean that i can avail of all 5 of the games on offer???

2 x My account
    2 x US account
    1 x Brothers account & 1 of the PSP games on offer?????????????

Hopefully, it's the least Sony can do, only have 2 accounts myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Yea, but the last trophy is a hard one....

Gold Trophy:
    Die
    Shouldn't it be Bronze because everyone will get it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement