Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Which was the joke I was making.

sure it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Or not. Can't get into a game on Black Ops either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

So any news on the list of new features, now that people have had a few hours of testing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

god i missed online playing

The_B_Man wrote: »
    So any news on the list of new features, now that people have had a few hours of testing?

There are none, there was never going to be any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Password changed and all is well,mad for Black Op's but herself reckons we should go to the pub,sure what's another night of waiting anyway!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Did a connection test and playstation network failed, it's back up for you guys?

edit: working now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Had no problems getting on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

All 4 accounts up and running again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

PSN site still saying it's down for maintenance for others? http://ie.playstation.com/psn/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I had 21 people on my friends list online there. Thats the most it's been in ages!

So glad to have it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I got as far as the option to change my password and while changing it. It went down again.:eek: Rather annoyed that i've had to wait a month to activate my portal 2 copy on steam. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

My friends email account that his psn account is linked to is no longer acive. Anyone know of another way he can reset his password?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'm getting error 80710d36 when I try to log in. I did the update earlier.

I tried the forgot password thing but get the same error !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

servers are probably being hammered, i'm still waiting on the email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

NeVeR wrote: »

Exact same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

NeVeR wrote: »

Same here:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I restarted the playstation and got to the new password screen... Entered the new password and press confirm and get the same error

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I got as far as the option to change my password and while changing it. It went down again.:eek: Rather annoyed that i've had to wait a month to activate my portal 2 copy on steam. :mad:
    ..exactly the same thing , guess sony failed to realise that their servers were going to get hammered and didnt plan it properly, grrr really pisses me off , how half arsed ARE they...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Servers getting overloaded, i am going to switch it off till tomorrow, me sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Same here aswell :mad:
    I really wanna play black ops!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Interesting, getting the error code when trying to change the PW on my USA account, and "PSN is undergoing maintenance" when i try my Hong Kong account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got the error message but waited a minute and tried again and it worked, just the servers are being overloaded so its a patience thing.

Now if only I knew my USA account password :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'm getting the maintenance message again

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

guil wrote: »
    i'm getting the maintenance message again
    As am I :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Stopped working just now saying down for maintenance :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Yea, i think reinstating mainland europe as one may have been a mistake, should have staggered it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

Hopefully this will be the last 'down for maintenance' message we'll see for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Was still down earlier for me, no password reset email or anything yet.
    Can't sign in at all.
    So they couldn't handle the volume they'd get today!

Pretty big failure on sony's part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Any hope for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭BoDiddly

I have been on for a couple of hours , only thing is ps store not up , apart from that , all good at last !
    :pac:

maintenace >< shouldnt have signed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Kersmash wrote: »
    maintenace >< shouldnt have signed out.
    Should of stayed on and gave me a game!:P

Should of stayed on and gave me a game!:P

unfortunatley i need to eat xD

Just wondering, is 50MB broadband good enough to have a good connection online for FIFA and Black Ops, or would I need 100MB?

I was playing Black Ops earlier and my connection was on one bar for the whole time and I couldn't do anything and it was pissing me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What is your ping?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Has anyone reactivated their Japanese account yet, what's the procedure? I'm a wee bit concerned because email address I used isn't active / may not have existed in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Desire. wrote: »
    Just wondering, is 50MB broadband good enough to have a good connection online for FIFA and Black Ops, or would I need 100MB?

3Mb is more than enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Psn down again cheers sony again :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

I was playing Black Ops earlier and my connection was on one bar for the whole time and I couldn't do anything and it was pissing me off.
    I have 30meg(getting 50) and its great, get host most of the time. Make sure you put your Playstation in the DMZ in the router and turn off the firewall.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    What is your ping?

88 when I checked earlier, 116 there now.

88 when I checked earlier, 116 there now.

ah you see that's the problem

ping is to high and im astonished its that high with UPC, if its always been like that id give UPC a ring

ah you see that's the problem

ping is to high and im astonished its that high with UPC, if its always been like that id give UPC a ring

I'm with Vodafone. I'm planning on moving to UPC -- I'm just deciding whether to go for the 50MB or 100MB broadband.

Word of advice to everyone, stay away from Vodafone. Here's what I'm getting now:

1297528156.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

To anyone who's currently playing a game, DON'T BACK OUT OF IT!

I played Black Ops online for an hour or so before quitting it, loading up COD4 and getting a connection error. I'm still logged in thankfully, but I can't play anything online now.

I think this is just happening to the EU region server, none of the Yanks are experiencing any problems.

I'm with Vodafone. I'm planning on moving to UPC -- I'm just deciding whether to go for the 50MB or 100MB broadband.

Word of advice to everyone, stay away from Vodafone. Here's what I'm getting now:

1297528156.png

oh sorry I thought you were on upc

yes vodafone are crap, I despise the company too

your lucky so and so, going to UPC :o

go with the 100mb is what I say

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well you're actually only dealing with .5MB there :pac: I'm not sure where you're living, but that's pretty shocking speeds (obviously if you're in a rural location that could be all that's available). 1MB would be pretty slow, 3MB would be about average - possibly even higher these days, I'm on 8MB for example and that's far from the fastest available.

oh sorry I thought you were on upc

yes vodafone are crap, I despise the company too

your lucky so and so, going to UPC :o

go with the 100mb is what I say

Yeah, I'll look into that alright. At the moment, I think we're paying around the same as it is for the 100MB broadband and phone (€47). It's criminal really. Just need to check to see if I'm tied down in a contract with Vodafone.
    Well you're actually only dealing with .5MB there :pac: I'm not sure where you're living, but that's pretty shocking speeds (obviously if you're in a rural location that could be all that's available). 1MB would be pretty slow, 3MB would be about average - possibly even higher these days, I'm on 8MB for example and that's far from the fastest available.

I living in Ballincollig, so there should be absolutely no problems here. Someone in the UPC broadband thread said his friend is getting 100MB with UPC here, so there's no excuses there.

Thanks lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

hi all,
    question.
    Do you need to know your password to be able to change it?

Cause I cant remember what mine is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

^ I didn't anyway.

Seems like there's still teething problems hopefully they'll sorted by tomorrow.
    I couldn't get voice chat working in Battlefield. Anyone else have the same problem?

Yeah, I'll look into that alright. At the moment, I think we're paying around the same as it is for the 100MB broadband and phone (€47). It's criminal really. Just need to check to see if I'm tied down in a contract with Vodafone.

!

you'll beable to get out of your contract with the speeds your getting

• Advertisement
Advertisement