Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Liamario

*Insert nostalgic memory data here*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Anyone else still waiting for their reset e-mail? I've been waiting 12 hours now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Anyone else still waiting for their reset e-mail? I've been waiting 12 hours now!

I signed into mine and it says it may take up to 24hrs to receive the email.

edit: I literally got my email straight away for my password update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Liamario

There is a huge backlog if you do some quick research into the issue. All you can do is wait.
    It could have been worse if it wasn't for all the people who traded in their PS3s as a result of the outage /sarcasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I appear to be the only person playing Uncharted 2... "Total Daily Players: 1", o hi dar!

Same here. For a while yesterday I appeared to be the only person in the World playing Warhawk.

I still died :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Have you done the usual? Check your spam folder etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭garp

Just loged in it asked me to change my password. So I did that no probs and had a game...

Feel kind of light headed after it.... :D

PSN ID= El-Garp

feel free to add

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Have you done the usual? Check your spam folder etc?

Yup nothing in junk. E-mail address was correct. Tried 3 times to have it sent to me . Now i can't even request it.

It keeps coming up with an error has occurred (80023156)

Edit: I've just heard that hotmail had blocked all playstation e-mails since the outage and hasn't allowed them through yet...anyone with hotmail get a password?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone have problems with MAG? It won't let me log into their servers at all, but all other games I've tried have been fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Windedprism

PSN rollout is now in effect.Be patient it's being restored with the Americas first(US state by state) country by country then onto Europe.

Check this link for the restoration rollout map.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%E2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/

Hope you all get online again soon,I'm an Xbox player and I must say it's not cool whatsoever that this happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

PSN rollout is now in effect.Be patient it's being restored with the Americas first(US state by state) country by country then onto Europe.

Check this link for the restoration rollout map.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%E2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/

Hope you all get online again soon,I'm an Xbox player and I must say it's not cool whatsoever that this happened.

Bit late there buddy, it's been restored to the US, Canada, and Europe already. :)

Oh I forgot to say

Once the update reaches your area you’ll have:

Sign-in for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity services, including the resetting of passwords

Restoration of online game-play across PS3 and PSP

Playback rental video content, if within rental period, of PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service on PS3, PSP and MediaGo

Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity, for current subscribers, on PS3 and PC

Access to 3rd party services such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and MLB.tv

‘Friends’ category on PS3, including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc

Playstaton Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I don't know how I've managed without PlayStation Home for the last three weeks....

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Bit late there buddy, it's been restored to the US, Canada, and Europe already. :)

this gives the update map you can see it territory by territory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

this gives the update map you can see it territory by territory

You posted the map for American states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Anyone know if you can change your online ID??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

^ nope you cant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone know what to do if the email account is no longer active and they no longer have the original ps unit the account was set up on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

matchthis wrote: »
    Anyone know what to do if the email account is no longer active and they no longer have the original ps unit the account was set up on?

All you could do is ring them I think... And while your at it you may aswell get them to deactivate it on all systems if you want..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

How do PSP owners update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Thanks be to satan this is working again...

Jebus Lives - if you're out there, BFBC2 tonight?

Keyzer wrote: »
    Thanks be to satan this is working again...

Jebus Lives - if you're out there, BFBC2 tonight?

Hopefully yea, should be around 9 or 10.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

There's a lot of pent up aggression being let out on bc2 right now. Matches seem twice as hectic as they were before the break. Got my ass kicked in the first few games, then steamrolled the other team in rush a few times.

Still as EPIC as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

Me too!

Had a few games last night, was a bit rusty but got a great kill/s 5 guy's in a container and 1 hand grenade = carnage!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭SeanQCitizen

Desire. wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll look into that alright. At the moment, I think we're paying around the same as it is for the 100MB broadband and phone (€47). It's criminal really. Just need to check to see if I'm tied down in a contract with Vodafone.

I living in Ballincollig, so there should be absolutely no problems here. Someone in the UPC broadband thread said his friend is getting 100MB with UPC here, so there's no excuses there.

Thanks lads!

I had lots of issues with Vodafone and they were terrible at sorting them out but luckily the service is holding up at the moment. One of the times I called I expressed the notion of dumping them and moving on, a threat I was fully comitted to carrying out, and they stepped up their response time.

More importantly though I said that I used the internet mostly for gaming and I was told that they could set it to have a better ping but it would take off some of my speed. I told them to go ahead and it was a vast improvement. Ping is now around the 30's as opposed to 70-80's. You should give them a shout but I would suggest never threaten to leave unless you are committed to doing so.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    There's a lot of pent up aggression being let out on bc2 right now. Matches seem twice as hectic as they were before the break. Got my ass kicked in the first few games, then steamrolled the other team in rush a few times.

Still as EPIC as ever.
    Yea matches were crazy last night.

Am I on your PSN friends list? No harm to befriend some more Battlefield players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

EGriff wrote: »

Still as EPIC as ever.

Not surprised tbh - I reckon i'm gonna get my ass handed to me till I get my groove back...

matchthis wrote: »

My PS is not the same as the one I set up on but when I tried to log in it just asked me to change password, did it, logged in and bingo. No issues at all. Pleasantly surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I now regret trading in battlefield even if it was for portal 2 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I want my email :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

When are we getting our free games?

Azure_sky wrote: »
    How do PSP owners update?

I don't think you need to download anything like with the PS3, to update. All you have to do is, when you set your new password with the PS3 change it on PSP too. then you should be good to go.

If you only have a PSP and no PS3 try getting onto a PS3 and logging in with your PSP details and see if that prompts a password change I guess.

*guess being the operative word*

Remember there is still no playstation store though so while you might be set up you still can't use that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Crosáidí wrote: »
    When are we getting our free games?

Wish people would stop asking this, there will be no free games until the store is back up and that wont be at least until 31st may according to sony

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Strange how out of my four accounts the only account I had to receive an email to change my password was my Irish account. All my others just let me change it on the system itself :/

Soby wrote: »
    I want my email :(

What email? I don't think I got an e-mail after changing my password, I just changed it and logged on.

What email? I don't think I got an e-mail after changing my password, I just changed it and logged on.

How ? .I clicked forgot password then i just confirmed my DOB and said it would send me a email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I don't think you need to download anything like with the PS3, to update. All you have to do is, when you set your new password with the PS3 change it on PSP too. then you should be good to go.

If you only have a PSP and no PS3 try getting onto a PS3 and logging in with your PSP details and see if that prompts a password change I guess.

*guess being the operative word*

Remember there is still no playstation store though so while you might be set up you still can't use that.

I have a psp and i tried my new password and it wouldnt work, so I went to the playstation twitter, dont ask me why but the password only worked on the PSP when i logged into the playstation network on the PC with new password and then tried the PSP again as per instructions on the PS twitter

Plus there is a Firmware update for the PSP as well version 6.38

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

My irish account changed the password on the PS3
    on my english account had to go through e-mail account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

What email is everyone talking about? I logged in, got a window to change my password and was signed into the PSN then.

Soby wrote: »
    How ? .I clicked forgot password then i just confirmed my DOB and said it would send me a email.

I hit "sign in" it then prompted me to change my password, which I did. Was gaming after that. I didn't do the forgot password thing at all.

• Advertisement

I hit "sign in" it then prompted me to change my password, which I did. Was gaming after that. I didn't do the forgot password thing at all.

Never mind figured it out .Sweet :D

shinzon wrote: »
    I have a psp and i tried my new password and it wouldnt work, so I went to the playstation twitter, dont ask me why but the password only worked on the PSP when i logged into the playstation network on the PC with new password and then tried the PSP again as per instructions on the PS twitter

Plus there is a Firmware update for the PSP as well version 6.38

Shin

I haven't done a system update for a while and I am on 6.38......unless I am drunkenly updating and don't remember. Better than drunk texting ex's I guess.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Am I on your PSN friends list? No harm to befriend some more Battlefield players.

Yeah I think so. PSN in my sig anyway for anyone who plays battlefield. Sickened my exams are starting tomorrow, but I'll still get in a sneaky few games, can't be studying non-stop sure.

Right rang playstation support. It seems that when playstation originally went live again , hotmail accounts were still blocked from getting e-mails from playstation. So after i requested it 3 times ( each time e-mail being blocked by hotmail) i locked out my account. The customer service advisor Karl assured me it was a temporary 24 hour block so hopefully sometime tonight ill be back in action.

Anyone else that has done the same at least you know what the story is now! It's actually Microsoft's fault...I wonder why they did that lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I just logged in changed the password, logged in again and i was sent a password email.

Right rang playstation support. It seems that when playstation originally went live again , hotmail accounts were still blocked from getting e-mails from playstation. So after i requested it 3 times ( each time e-mail being blocked by hotmail) i locked out my account. The customer service advisor Karl assured me it was a temporary 24 hour block so hopefully sometime tonight ill be back in action.

Anyone else that has done the same at least you know what the story is now! It's actually Microsoft's fault...I wonder why they did that lol!

Just so you know my PS is registered to my hotmail, I didn't get an e-mail but you don't need to get one.

Switch on PS3
    Click on "sign in"
    Change password when prompted.
    click on "sign in" again
    go to your favourite game and get your arse handed to you by a 10y/o.

I did this on my PS3 and it's not the same system that I set up on as that PS3 died a horrible death.

I'm sure there are certain situations that will mean people do need to do it through e-mail so calm down before you start going into a rage. This is for people who aren't sure what to do, just try this first. There are people out there who might be looking for an e-mail that don't need to and thus wasting their own time.

Also if you have a PSP remember to change the password on your sign in on that system too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Just so you know my PS is registered to my hotmail, I didn't get an e-mail but you don't need to get one.

Switch on PS3
    Click on "sign in"
    Change password when prompted.
    click on "sign in" again
    go to your favourite game and get your arse handed to you by a 10y/o.

I did this on my PS3 and it's not the same system that I set up on as that PS3 died a horrible death.

I'm sure there are certain situations that will mean people do need to do it through e-mail so calm down before you start going into a rage. This is for people who aren't sure what to do, just try this first. There are people out there who might be looking for an e-mail that don't need to and thus wasting their own time.

Also if you have a PSP remember to change the password on your sign in on that system too.

My US account with yahoo email had no issues. But my main account using hotmail still hasn't received the password and if I try and sign in and change the password I just get the server error again.

Zatoichi wrote: »
    My US account with yahoo email had no issues. But my main account using hotmail still hasn't received the password and if I try and sign in and change the password I just get the server error again.

attachment.php?attachmentid=98360&d=1246514933

Microsoft trying to kick the competition when they're down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Went to both the US and EU PSN websites. Tried to log in and on both occasions was told I would receive a change of password option in my email(s). I would have done this earlier but my PSP never prompted me to do it, so I thought I didn't need to.

• Advertisement

Very odd. There doesn't seem to be any consistant pattern. As I mentioned my PS3 is not the original that the account was set up on and I was expecting some issues but it worked a charm. I'll just shut up now cos it's starting to look like I am gloating.
    :cool:

Advertisement