Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

holy sh!t just sign into psn and itl ask you to change your password, you dont even need your email

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭SeanQCitizen

On a side note, has anyone, who has managed to get online, noticed of trophies are okay? I am trying to get the ready for deployment trophy in black ops and even though I have now played to level 21 (trophy should kick in at 10) I still don't have it.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

My trophies seem to be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

MarkY91 wrote: »
    holy sh!t just sign into psn and itl ask you to change your password, you dont even need your email

It doesn't do that on PSP. I can sign in but before I can activate my account I'm brought to PSN, automatically signed out and when I try to go into account options to activate my account it say it's still under maintenance. When I manually try to reset my password via "forgot your password" I get more "under maintenance crap".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

On a side note, has anyone, who has managed to get online, noticed of trophies are okay? I am trying to get the ready for deployment trophy in black ops and even though I have now played to level 21 (trophy should kick in at 10) I still don't have it.:mad:
    My trophies are alright. Sounds like a glitched trophy to me. Happened to me while playing through Vanquish. I'm missing the trophy for completing the first act but I've managed to finish the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just to those having issues with the email.Dunno if this is known already but ya have to try log in with your old password and it will then tell you that your password isnt valid and will allow to then change it.Forget the "Forgot password".
    Prob common knowledge though already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

bit behind the times with bad company 2, been playing black ops, but does anyone know why vietnam is no longer there to play

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

shinzon wrote: »
    bit behind the times with bad company 2, been playing black ops, but does anyone know why vietnam is no longer there to play

shin

I was playing it last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

The trophie issue regarding black ops happened to me before. Then I got it after a while for no reason. A similar thing happened on portal.

Must be a glitch. Good to be back online tho :) was getting the shakes from withdrawal

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭SeanQCitizen

My trophies are alright. Sounds like a glitched trophy to me. Happened to me while playing through Vanquish. I'm missing the trophy for completing the first act but I've managed to finish the game.

I had that issue with the first 2 trophies for veteran and I had to do them again. That only too about 4 days :(

Any ideas how to fix the glitch? It's be a shame to not get the platinum just because of one of the easier trophies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

More importantly though I said that I used the internet mostly for gaming and I was told that they could set it to have a better ping but it would take off some of my speed. I told them to go ahead and it was a vast improvement. Ping is now around the 30's as opposed to 70-80's. You should give them a shout but I would suggest never threaten to leave unless you are committed to doing so.

I'm leaving anyway no matter what. UPC offer a much better service for a similar price. I'm talking 100 times faster for an extra ten or twenty euro.

That trophy has always been problematic for some people - it's got nothing to do with the PSN being down.

Soby wrote: »
    Just to those having issues with the email.Dunno if this is known already but ya have to try log in with your old password and it will then tell you that your password isnt valid and will allow to then change it.Forget the "Forgot password".
    Prob common knowledge though already

It doesn't prompt me to do this and I have the latest PSP updates as I tried to update online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Azure_sky wrote: »
    It doesn't prompt me to do this and I have the latest PSP updates as I tried to update online.

Just got this from a facebook Q&A post
    For the PSP system, you will not be able to sign in to the PlayStation Network or change your password. You will have to change your password from a PS3 or from a PC before you can access the PlayStation Network on your PSP system. You cannot change your password from Media Go at this time.

https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm
    Try here maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Desire. wrote: »
    I'm leaving anyway no matter what. UPC offer a much better service for a similar price. I'm talking 100 times faster for an extra ten or twenty...

I switched from eircom to UPC two months ago. UPC is muck for gaming. Wish I went with another provider for broadband. 30MBPS is nice, but there's stutter and lag on all games on PS3, Xbox and PC, at all times, and the router configuration is a bit restrictive. Wish I could change the hardware to see if it'd improve things.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

How is this thread still lasting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    How is this thread still lasting?

Because it gives us an area to complain,

It's also going to be an area where we talk about the free PS3 content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Iv been playing online since last night but now it's signed me out and won't sign back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Iv been playing online since last night but now it's signed me out and won't sign back in?

ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

raze wrote: »
    I switched from eircom to UPC two months ago. UPC is muck for gaming. Wish I went with another provider for broadband. 30MBPS is nice, but there's stutter and lag on all games on PS3, Xbox and PC, at all times, and the router configuration is a bit restrictive. Wish I could change the hardware to see if it'd improve things.

Guess it varies. I'm not technical enough to talk about router configuration but in three months with UPC (30mb) I've not noticed any connection or lag problems at all. I've been very pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

No PSN for Japan Until Government Says So

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/219417/no-psn-for-japan-until-government-says-so/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GameProNews+%28GamePro.com+Daily+News%29
    Sony's online services haven't yet come back online in Japan because the government won't let the company throw the switch just yet.
    No PSN for Japan Until Government Says So

Japanese newspaper Nikkei reported on Sunday that Sony will not be allowed to restart its online services in Japan until it provides the government with information on how it is improving security and ensuring a similar incident will not occur again.

"We met with Sony on May 6 and 13, and basically we want two things from them," said Kazushige Nobutani, director of the Media and Content Industry department at the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. "The first is preventative measures. As of May 13, Sony was incomplete in exercising measures that they say they will do on the May 1 press conference." The second was how Sony intended to regain the confidence of its customers.

The hold on the restoration of Sony's online services affects both PSN and Sony Online Entertainment's games, both of which are already back online -- though with some features still inaccessible for now -- in the Americas, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The horse has bolted now, surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Played a couple of games of fifa so far, had one problem with disconnection but it seems to be ok otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Been waiting since about 8 last night for Sony to e-mail me about a password change,nightmare.
    PSN outage of 2011 still ain't over for me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

I have never been prompted to change my password. I sign in , It says change my password i click ok then it goes to another screen and says it is sending an e-mail to me. However the e-mail has not arrived!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Been waiting since about 8 last night for Sony to e-mail me about a password change,nightmare.
    PSN outage of 2011 still ain't over for me :mad:

Set up a new Temp account to play online till your real account comes back online

I requested a new password from PSN US and PSN EU at the same time today. I got my US password but no sign of my EU password. Surprise, surprise...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

I was having the same problems with my passweord so set up a new account. Loaded Black Ops looking forward to a bit of online play, it decides to turn off and now has a flashing red light. I presume it's dead?

Absolutely gutted but had it since launch so got a lot use out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Details of The Welcome Back Programme for SCEE Users

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

Now that certain PSN services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming, it seems a good time to confirm what is being offered as part of the Welcome Back programme.

Once we restore PlayStation Store, which will be just a little while longer, you will have the opportunity to claim your Welcome Back gifts. Please note that the Welcome Back programme is only available for those countries with access to PlayStation Store*.
    All existing PlayStation Network members will be able to access the following from PlayStation Store*:

Two PS3 games from the following list:
    LittleBigPlanet
    Infamous*
    Wipeout HD/Fury
    Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
    Dead Nation*

For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:
    LittleBigPlanet PSP
    ModNation PSP
    Pursuit Force
    Killzone Liberation*

- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PS Plus subscribers*
    - Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will be given 60 days free subscription.
    - For existing Music Unlimited subscribers, you will be given 30 days free subscription.

- We are working on a Welcome Back offer in PlayStation Home and will share that when it is confirmed.
    I would like to thank all of the developers and publishers involved in this programme for their support in making this happen. We certainly couldn’t have done it without you.

You will be able to access this content once PlayStation Store comes back online and we are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your support and keep checking back on the blog for more information.

For eligibility for the welcome back programme consumers must be an account holder on 20 April 2011. Specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live. All existing PSN registrants have 30 days from when the welcome back programme goes live to redeem their content.
    For the German market, InFamous and Dead Nation will be replace with Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings in the selection of PS3 games.
    For the German market, Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation will be replaced with Everybody’s Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party in the selection of PSP games. Killzone Liberation will not offer online gameplay functionality.
    Access to the 30 days free PS Plus subscription is only available for those countries where PS Plus is offered. You will have access to the PS Plus content planned for May for 30 days. Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No interesting game there for me

You think they would be kind enough to have a bit current game

• Advertisement

Suppose I'll be getting Rachet and Clank and another game either Dead Nation or Wipeout for the PS3. Have the others.

Does anyone have an idea how they are going to be working the PSP account holders. As in, people like myself who have a PS3 and a PSP. Will we be able to redeem both sets of games? It does say that the PSP games are for people who are PSP account holders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Dead nation and Ratchet and clank for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Id reccomend InFamous to anyone who doesnt already have it anyway, very addictive game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Give me a beta for uncharted 3 is what I rather have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

InFamous and Ratchet and Clank for me out of that list. But i do think they could have given more up to date games in that list considering everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have Wipeout HD and LittleBigPlanet so will get the others with my many many accounts.

Saw this on the rss feed but no mention of it on site.

Infamous is 6.88GB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Pretty happy with that. inFamous and Little Big Planet for me!

It seems to have disappeared from the blog now! Hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Possibly released it too soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I hope my PSP account is linked online so I can get ModNation Racers for it.

Liamario wrote: »
    Possibly released it too soon.
    Here's hoping they are changing the games list :pac: to something more recent.
    I had a browse of the comments section before they manage to take it down. Most people didn't seem too happy with the choices, given that they are old and a lot of people already have them.

• Advertisement

Definitely seems that most people were not happy with the games listed so lets hope they are rethinking some of the games offered. Won't hold my breath for that though! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I'm another wondering if I can get psp as well as Ps3 content. But then I realised I already have three of the psp games and modnation looks rubbish so it'll be wipeout and Dead Nation for me.

Anyone know if I'll be able to get a free download or two with my US and Japanese PSN accounts? I've been terribly put out by not being able to download demos from those accounts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What a load of ****. I own 4 of them already

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's back up. Same as earlier, no change. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-of-the-welcome-back-programme-for-scee-users-2/.

Dead Nation and inFamous for me.
    Will use my PS+ to buy a couple of games at a discount. Hopefully BG & E HD will be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

lads I can't get my mic to work. Is it everyone or just me? I've only tried in battlefield though

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    lads I can't get my mic to work. Is it everyone or just me? I've only tried in battlefield though

My mic worked fine when i logged back on PSN. What type if mic do you use? Did you test it in chat settings to see that its working out of games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

Mine worked last night, as did the lad I was playing Portal 2 with. Then his headset went mental, screeching in my ear.
    Don't know if it's the same issue or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Typical i own 4 of the five and not interested in the fifth, at least i can get rid of sackboy now in exchange for la noire. I was expected little big planet and wipeout, People should get dead nation, what a game

For those with both a PSP and a PS3 and are wondering if we are eligible for the games on the PS3 as well as the PSP list, Nick Caplin has confirmed that we are eligible to get two game from both lists. 2 for the PS3 and 2 for the PSP too. You can find his reply on the blog page, just under reply #4 in the comments.

Sweet, now it looks like I'll be getting Pursuit Force and Mod Nation too since I have the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

jesus little big planets a good one but got it on disc :( ... anyone know much about the other games ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement