Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Joonaspp wrote: »
    Are these games per PSN account or per console?
    No one knows for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Nobody knows if they are per account or per console. Some were saying that they could be for the master account of each console but no one knows for sure until Sony gives us details whenever that will be. Probably closer to the end of this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

BadDog wrote: »
    I think there are a few people in same situation as me - waiting on the email to arrive. I'm on hotmail for the PSN account, but don't think it's only limited to hotmail.

I just spoke to PSN Support in the UK, and they told me that I just need to keep waiting, there's just so many emails that it's taking a long time for them to arrive (plus some ISPs are throttling them as they look like SPAM).

They couldn't give me a timeframe.

So if you're in the same situation, unfortunately, it's a bit longer to wait.

That excuse sounds like BS in fairness! the reset password is an automated service, using a massive server, there really isn't any delays,

after a day of waiting for the password reset email, i set up a temporary psn account using a gmail account, and my registration went through instantly, receiving an activation email and verification email.

For the craic! i then decided to request a change of password which was also sent instantly to my gmail account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Ya Horgan it is only hotmail accounts that are affected now...myself included. Also spoke to support. They don't have a clue. Its just Microsoft twisting the knife. Bit of a joke its just going to come back and bite them in the ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/219444/sony-defends-psn-welcome-back-offer/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GameProNews+%28GamePro.com+Daily+News%29
    "I'm really sorry that there is nothing there that you want," wrote SCEE's Nick Caplin in response to customers complaining the games weren't to their satisfaction. "We've tried really hard to put together a list of high quality BD games rather than simply offering cheaper PSN titles. The average Metacritic rating for these games is over 84%, so these are high quality games. Unfortunately with a user base of 77 million people, it is really hard to offer something for everyone."

Caplin also clarified a couple of common questions for the community: users who have both a PSP and a PS3 can get two free games to keep for each platform from the available selections. And the 30 days' free access to PlayStation Plus will allow access to the "free" content the membership provides, but once the 30 days is up, the content will expire.

"Unfortunately that is the way PS Plus works," said Caplin. "But if you look at it as access to a lot of free content for a month, you should have a busy month of gaming."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I use hotmail and I managed to get my EU account sorted by requesting a change of password on PSN website twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

"We've tried really hard to put together a list of high quality BD games rather than simply offering cheaper PSN titles.

Technically they could have just given everyone 20euro PSN credit.. I would have been happy with that anyways... But I am happy with what we get anyways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I'm really out of practice on FIFA 11 ,beaten 6 times in a row now :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Technically they could have just given everyone 20euro PSN credit

Not really because if we bought say Outland, the money would be going to Ubisoft not Sony. By limiting it to Sony owned games they're not really losing money, just potential sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Details of theft protection...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/17/details-of-snee-scees-identity-theft-protection-programme/
    Last week we informed you that we would be liaising with providers of identity theft protection plans following the malicious attack on PlayStation Network throughout our region. We are now in a position to provide you with actual details of the programme for current PlayStation Network and Qriocity consumers in UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany.

As I have explained previously, identifying such programmes for the many countries within the SCEE region is a very complicated process. Each country has a different way of handling identity theft; whilst some offer relatively sophisticated services, others may not. Therefore, we must stress that this is an ongoing process which will see new identity theft protection programmes identified where possible.

That said, we are pleased to advise that Affinion International Limited, a leader in identity protection products in Europe, will be offering a comprehensive service that covers a significant proportion of PSN users free of charge for the first 12 months.

Affinion International Limited will be offering the following identity theft protection service and insurance through their fraud protect programme for the UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany.

The fraud protect proposition cover three key areas:*

Personal Information protection

Monitoring and Alerting Service
    Personal Information Protection Software

Help / Assistance and guidance

Dedicated helpline
    Victim of Fraud support

Financial Protection

Insurance that covers the expenses incurred in identity restoration following identity fraud
    Card Monitoring and Alerting Service

We are still working to identify similar services for those countries not covered by this offering, and this will depend on reputable businesses offering appropriate services. As such, we promise to keep you updated on progress right here on PlayStation.Blog.

We will provide you with information on how to contact Affinion shortly about this service.

Please note that PSN customers under the age of 18 are advised to consult their parent or guardian.

• Advertisement

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Not really because if we bought say Outland, the money would be going to Ubisoft not Sony. By limiting it to Sony owned games they're not really losing money, just potential sales.

Then could they not just have like had all Sony games under certain value and pick 2 of them?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Then could they not just have like had all Sony games under certain value and pick 2 of them?..

I think that's what they've done basically. Besides Warhawk there's not that many other first party downloadable games. MAG I suppose would be the other one. But age restrictions probably apply to those games so not suitable to give away for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Warhawk would have been a great choice. There's not enough Warhawk players around nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

Hey guys. Quick question, I have an Irish and a US PSN account. I was able to change my password on my Irish account. But when I try reset my passwork on my US account, the password reset is sent to my email. However, the email I used is my old college address which I don't have access to anymore. Do I need to talk to Sony support in the US?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

04KY wrote: »
    Hey guys. Quick question, I have an Irish and a US PSN account. I was able to change my password on my Irish account. But when I try reset my passwork on my US account, the password reset is sent to my email. However, the email I used is my old college address which I don't have access to anymore. Do I need to talk to Sony support in the US?

I'd say Sony will ask you why your living in Ireland and using a US account :P

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

How do you actually get the 2 free games? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

How do you actually get the 2 free games? :confused:

When the PS Store is back you will be able to download them.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

Desire. wrote: »
    When the PS Store is back you will be able to download them.

OK cheers, do you know when the store is back up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Some time before the end of May, no date

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

Its ment to be back before the end of the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'm happy enough with the freebie list. I have LBP and Wipeout. Definitely gonna get Infamous as I missed it when it came out. And Dead NAtion looks like a lot of fun, great looking game too from the gameplay on youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I'd say Sony will ask you why your living in Ireland and using a US account :P

Just got an email from them to tell me my password has been updated..

'Dear Barack'

I wonder how many people will be getting that same email? :p

Is there any way to change my password if the email address I've used is fake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

Also looking for this, rather than having to start from scratch

This is kind of off topic to certain extent.. But taught I would post here, just if people are interested.. Don't want to make a new thread.. Anyways theres another Free game you can get in the store.. Think its Blue Toad Murder Files part 1 and part 3.. Taught I would add that here if someone wants to also download it when store is back on.. Also is good for trophy hunters, as free trophies :)..

• Advertisement

matchthis wrote: »
    Also looking for this, rather than having to start from scratch

And because we need to get the free games.

Hehe, I done a few of them myself.. Maybe make an email to that account and then see will they send a reset password message to it or something?.. I am not sure though.. I just log in and they asked me to change password... Got no email ..

Hehe, I done a few of them myself.. Maybe make an email to that account and then see will they send a reset password message to it or something?.. I am not sure though.. I just log in and they asked me to change password... Got no email ..

Do you mean make an email account with the address I used for my PSN and get them to send it again? That won't work because the address I used is already taken.

Do you mean make an email account with the address I used for my PSN and get them to send it again? That won't work because the address I used is already taken.

Oh.. The only thing left to do would probably be to contact Sony and let them know of your situation..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Just got an email there, dunno if it's been posted already
    Dear PlayStation Network user,

As you may have heard, PlayStation®Network was suspended worldwide on 20 April 2011 following a criminal cyber attack on our servers.

We're pleased to say that we have now started restoring some PlayStation Network services. Over the coming days, more services will be back up and running and you should keep an eye on eu.playstation.com/psnlatest and PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com for the very latest developments.

Before you start using PlayStation Network again...

In restoring PSN, we have introduced a safety measure which means you will need to update your PlayStation Network account password before you can start using PSN again.

If you've got a PlayStation®3, you can do this by updating to system software version 3.61 and then signing in to PlayStation Network from the XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) Menu. Find out more at eu.playstation.com/ps3psn

Otherwise, you can change your password by visiting https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm on your PC. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes and if you'd like more help you can follow the step by step guide at eu.playstation.com/psppsn.

Free games on us...

To thank you for your patience whilst PSN has been unavailable, we'll be rolling out a Welcome Back programme for all PSN users shortly; this will include free games to download and a month's free subscription to PlayStation®Plus (or a free month for existing members).

Once available, we'll publish a full list of Welcome Back offers in your country at

Again, we would like to thank you for your patience and support whilst our teams worldwide work to get PSN back up and running.

Remember, for the very latest updates, you should visit eu.playstation.com/psnlatest, PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com and follow us on twitter.com/PlayStationEU.

We look forward to seeing you online soon,

The PlayStation Network team
    Excellent - just as I finish my exams too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

How long is shortly Sony? I got that e-mail too, hope it means the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm on hotmail too and i've got no email back since... is there anything i can do to change my password?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How long is shortly Sony? I got that e-mail too, hope it means the next few hours.

10-14 days i'd estimate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

Does any1 no what the free games are? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Anyone having trouble after playing online and you're returning to the arena Fifa hangs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

jimbob86 wrote: »
    Does any1 no what the free games are? :confused:

Two PS3 games from the following list:
    LittleBigPlanet
    Infamous*
    Wipeout HD/Fury
    Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
    Dead Nation*

For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:
    LittleBigPlanet PSP
    ModNation PSP
    Pursuit Force
    Killzone Liberation*

Copied from above.

Luckily for me I don't own any of the games, haven't even played them. So still undecided on which ones to pick. Hmmmmm decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Two PS3 games from the following list:
    LittleBigPlanet
    Infamous*
    Wipeout HD/Fury
    Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
    Dead Nation*

For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:
    LittleBigPlanet PSP
    ModNation PSP
    Pursuit Force
    Killzone Liberation*

Copied from above.

Luckily for me I don't own any of the games, haven't even played them. So still undecided on which ones to pick. Hmmmmm decisions, decisions.

Hang on, some of the fine print says

* Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever.

Does that mean we'll only have access to the free games for 30 days, or does that refer to the PSPlus content only? Bit ambiguous...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Hang on, some of the fine print says

* Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever.

Does that mean we'll only have access to the free games for 30 days, or does that refer to the PSPlus content only? Bit ambiguous...

There is no ambiguity.
    The two games from the list are free and you keep them.
    Any free content you download, you will not be able to use when the 30 days are over.
    Any content you buy, discounted or not is yours to keep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Still no reactivation email sent to my hotmail account. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I don't know if this will help people or not, but I changed my password online, didn't have to wait on any emails or anything.

https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm%A0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Rackstar wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble after playing online and you're returning to the arena Fifa hangs?
    Noticing that myself, also getting a weird thing happening when I go to quick ranked match, the other player can pick there team but I can't even click ready :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Still no reactivation email sent to my hotmail account. :(

I had no problem changing my password with my hotmail account. I done it all on the PS3 itself.

Logged in.
    Asked me to change password.
    I changed password.
    And signed in right away.
    Played online......job done. didnt have to wait for any e-mail!

I had no problem changing my password with my hotmail account. I done it all on the PS3 itself.

Logged in.
    Asked me to change password.
    I changed password.
    And signed in right away.
    Played online......job done. didnt have to wait for any e-mail!

Are you using the original PS3 your account was created on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Are you using the original PS3 your account was created on?

yeah, my one and only

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah same with me - changed password, a man named Bob showed up and claimed he was my uncle. Got a confirmation email that it has been changed but all done on the console!

yeah, my one and only

Ah, this is my second one. Might be the problem.

Yeah same with me - changed password, a man named Bob showed up and claimed he was my uncle.

Hehe i get jokes.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Finally got the email for my live.com account, just waiting for my American account (which is the main one I use), hope there's not much delay, had a fair bit of credit on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Ive a hotmail account but I could change it on the console no problems and it wasnt the same console the account was created on.

• Advertisement

PlayStation Network WEBSITE sign in is currently unavailable due to essential maintenance. Console sign in is not affected.

Advertisement