Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

you'll have to download them from the store I'd imagine. no way you'd be able to download on PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/24/us-sony-greece-idUSTRE74N1S120110524
    (Reuters) - Sony Corp websites in three countries have been hacked and personal information for about 8,500 people has been leaked from the consumer electronics maker's Greek website, Jiji news service reported on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Oh for fecks sakes...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Phhft. Stinger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Has it just become the past time of the hackers just to **** with sony the whole time, I mean havent they got anything better to hack like the US military or the CIA or summit

Sigh

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Billgates.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

Lads when will the store be back up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

James_LWAU wrote: »

Meant to be sometime today but i wouldnt hold my breath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

James_LWAU wrote: »
    There was speculation that it would be back today, like Tonydude said.
    There going to be essential maintenance today
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-24-psn-essential-maintenance-this-evening
    They suspect that it's due to the store coming back online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I'm hoping and praying that it comes back today...

I'm hoping and praying that it comes back today...
    the maintenance is suppose to finish at midnight tonight. Might want to get signed into PSN before it goes down so you can still playonline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/PSN-Scheduled-Network-Maintenance-Tuesday-24th-May-16-00PM-00/td-p/12889630
    PSN Scheduled Network Maintenance- Tuesday 24th May 16.00PM - 00.00PM GMT
    [ Edited ]
    Options

on 24-05-2011 11:49 AM - last edited on 24-05-2011 12:00 PM

There will be Essential Network Maintenance occuring today Tuesday 24th May from 16.00PM- 00.00PM GMT.

The following services will be unavailable during this period:

PC Registration
    Console Storefront
    PS3 Account Management
    PS3 Network Account Registration
    PSP Network Account Registration
    Qriocity Account Management

If you attempt to log in during this period you will receive the site maintenance notification page.

If you are already signed in during this period you should be able to stay connected and you will not lose your gaming session.

Any updates relating to the maintenance will be posted here.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/05/sony-psn-hack-losses/#more-35290
    Sony Estimates $171 Million Loss From PSN Hack

Sony will lose approximately 14 billion yen ($171 million) following the PlayStation Network outage, it said Monday.

This loss includes expenses for security improvements, “Welcome Back” packages and an estimate of the impact on future profits of the security breach and resultant outage. Sony says it has still not confirmed any reports of credit card fraud or identity theft, both of which could change the company’s estimated losses.

The PlayStation manufacturer said it had lost around 260 billion yen ($3.18 billion) during the fiscal year that ended in March 2011. Sony said this loss was the result of “a non-cash charge to establish a valuation allowance … against certain deferred tax assets in Japan.” It blamed this partially on the “adverse impact” of the Japan earthquake earlier this year.

Sony’s PlayStation Network services are still not fully operational following a devastating security breach in late April that may have compromised personal information, including credit card data, for its 70 million users. Though the company has restored some of the network’s functionality, including online play, other services are still unavailable.

Notably, its PlayStation Store service through which it sells downloadable games for PSP and PlayStation 3, is still down. Sony may relaunch it as early as Tuesday. Once the store is up, Sony will allow PlayStation Network users to select from a number of free games as compensation for the downtime.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nuts psn is down till midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

:D

I've signed in just now with no problems

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:D

I've signed in just now with no problems

Im gonna try it so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I got logged out, and it would still let me log on.. Not sure if it actually was off for long :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Yup logged in no problem here! Is it just the site that's down?

Ya had no problem logging on :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Is the store back yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The store won't be back for another week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Link? Source? Proof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a link for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Ah NUTS have a load of time-in-lieu built up thanks to Barack and the queen and was hoping to use this as an excuse to avoid all those little jobs she had pencilled in for my time off.

"Can't do that darling PS3 is finally working :D"

You maniac's Sony, you blew it up, God damn you, God damn you all to hell!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭antocann

taking from the playstation blog

"The latest information I have on PlayStation Store is that we are aiming to have it live by the end of May. Contrary to popular rumours, it will not be reopening tomorrow but we will let you know here as soon as the date is confirmed.
    "

link
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/?s=playstation+store&x=0&y=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Look on the brightside - PS Home isn't on the Store so you can download that instead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Sony battles Canada security breach
    Tokyo - Sony has suffered another online security breach, this time for 2 000 customers of its Sony Ericsson joint venture in Canada, the latest in a series of hacker attacks against the electronics and entertainment company.

Sony Corp spokesperson Atsuo Omagari said on Wednesday that names, e-mail and encrypted passwords may have been stolen from the Sony Ericsson Canada website, but no credit card information was taken.

There have been no reports of damage from the security breach, discovered on Tuesday, and the server has been shut down, he said. An investigation was under way, and other details were not immediately available.

Sony Ericsson is a mobile phone maker that is a joint venture between LM Ericsson of Sweden and Sony.

More than 100 million online accounts are affected in a suspected hacking of Sony's PlayStation Network gaming service and other online services that began in April, tarnishing the brand behind the Walkman portable music player and Vaio personal computer.

Production delays

On Tuesday, Sony said it found a security breach affecting 8 500 user accounts in a music entertainment website in Greece, involving names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses.

Tokyo-based Sony has been battling production delays and sales losses after supplier factories were damaged by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami in north-eastern Japan.

On Monday, it lowered its earnings projection for the fiscal year ended March to a ¥260bn ($3.2bn) loss, its third straight year of red ink, largely because of a charge it must take related to damages from the March disaster. It had initially expected to return to profit.

Sony is expecting costs related to its online security woes of ¥14bn ($173m), covering customer support, freebie packages, legal costs, lower sales and measures to beef up security.

Sony's TV business is likely to have stayed in the red for the seventh year straight for the fiscal year ended March. Sony reports earnings on Thursday. Sony fell behind rivals in TVs when consumers began switching to flat-panel televisions.
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Oh p!ss off hackers.

Sounds like they need to shut everything off for a year and close all these holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Have they not tried turning it off and on again, that always works ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

antocann wrote: »
    taking from the playstation blog

"The latest information I have on PlayStation Store is that we are aiming to have it live by the end of May. Contrary to popular rumours, it will not be reopening tomorrow but we will let you know here as soon as the date is confirmed.
    "

link
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/?s=playstation+store&x=0&y=0

Yeah that.

Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customers

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/25/identity-theft-protection-offer-for-playstation-network-and-qriocity-customers/
    Starting today, PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States can begin the enrollment process for the identity theft protection program by visiting http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/identity-theft-protection/. We are also notifying customers of the enrollment landing page via email, which you will receive in your inbox this week.

As previously announced, Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer the AllClear ID PLUS identity theft protection program to PlayStation Network and Qriocity customers who are concerned about identity theft following the criminal cyber attack on the network. AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators. Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll.

In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Looks like the PSN is starting to come back online in Asia.

http://m.kotaku.com/5806167/psn-returning-to-japan-tomorrow

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/PSN-Maintenance-Scheduled-Tues-31st-May-19-00-GMT-until/m-p/13080401?WT.mc_id=TSO_EN_103
    Looks like there is more maintenance due for the 31st. Could well be the store coming back online but no confirmation of it being due to that. They did say they would aim to have it back up for the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Is PSN completely down today or is it just me! Can't connect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

cursai wrote: »

Ya it's the same for me, keep getting an error message any reason for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

cursai wrote: »

I cant connect either! error 807100092......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Working for me now :)

• Advertisement

tis back for me now as well:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Conor108 wrote: »
    I am now in favour of the death penalty.

I know. I don't even play online with PSN but this is just getting ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

KILL THEM BASTARDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

genuinely speechless, fu-king go attack microsoft for awhile!!

Ive never realised how much i missed the psn/store until this mental-ness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Hopefully this crowd is all talk and no action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Conor108 wrote: »
    I am now in favour of the death penalty.

Really? Taking a human life just for some online gaming service? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Back this week
    SONY AND SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE FULL RESTORATION OF PLAYSTATION®NETWORK SERVICES

Tokyo, May 31, 2011 – Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea by the end of this week. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs. Details for Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as the remaining services on Qriocity will be announced as they become available.

The company implemented considerable security enhancements to the network infrastructure, as well as conducted testing of the payment process and commerce functions. The first phase of PlayStation Network and Qriocity restoration began on May 15 in the Americas and Europe/PAL territories, followed by Japan and Asian countries and regions on May 28, when the company brought partial services back online. With this partial restoration users were able to access to some of the services such as online game play, account management, friend lists and chat functionality were restored. The full restoration of PlayStation Network as well as part of services to become available on Qriocity will include:

• Full functionality on PlayStation®Store
    • In-game commerce
    • Ability to redeem vouchers and codes
    • Full functionality on Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3, PSP, VAIO and
    other PCs
    • Full functionality on Media Go

Customers can now purchase and download games and video content from the PlayStation®Store on PS3 or PSP. In addition, consumers will have full access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity through PS3, PSP, VAIO and other PC’s. Service restoration of Video on Demand powered by Qriocity™ and Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for a variety of network-enabled Sony devices will be announced later.

“We have been conducting additional testing and further security verification of our commerce functions in order to bring the PlayStation Network completely back online so that our fans can again enjoy the first class entertainment experience they have come to love,” said Kazuo Hirai, Executive Deputy President, Sony Corporation. “We appreciate the patience and support shown during this time.”

The company will be offering customers a “Welcome Back” package of services and premium content to all registered PlayStation Network* and Qriocity account services. The details of this program will continue to be detailed regionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Really? Taking a human life just for some online gaming service? :rolleyes:
    157 pages, and you just don't get it... Do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Anyone remember when Microsoft was the "Evil Corporation"

Now it appears to be Sony and Apple.

This restoration is just motivation for hackers to bring it back down again. Fingers crossed they fail but somehow I don't think this will be the last time the PSN gets brought down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement