Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Yea... MS and Apple are the evil ones, Google and Sony are their counterparts, google more so i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

https://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/75489095371079680

The Lulz Boat
    @LulzSec The Lulz Boat
    Hey @Sony, you know we're making off with a bunch of your internal stuff right now and you haven't even noticed? Slow and steady, guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

macpac26 wrote: »
    Anyone remember when Microsoft was the "Evil Corporation"

Now it appears to be Sony and Apple.

Actually it seems to me that the hackers have morphed into the "Evil" ones and they make Sony look quite reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Tallon wrote: »

you know I thought the whole point of hacking was the challenge of trying to get in, if these a-holes can get in willy nilly what exactly is the point seems to me like shooting fish in a barrel

anyhoo that aside i wish theyd just feck off and go back under the rock they came from

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Why don't these lads do us all a favour and jump in front of a train.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is psn offline tonight from 7 -1 ?I can't remember where I read that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ye, it's to get Asia back online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Varik wrote: »
    Ye, it's to get Asia back online.

Nope the scheduled maintenance for tonight has been postponed, read all about it here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Sorry very noobish here I know but is PS store back then? What is the deal with the 2 free games or whatever it was. Can we get them now or has it started yet?

Don't have my PS hooked up to the internet so its an effort to check.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Sorry very noobish here I know but is PS store back then? What is the deal with the 2 free games or whatever it was. Can we get them now or has it started yet?

Don't have my PS hooked up to the internet so its an effort to check.

No the PS Store isn't back up yet, the latest reports say it should be sometime this week. Once it's back up we'll be able to claim the free games!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

So 2 old and cheap games will be Sony's get out of jail card?
    No doubt the download will be preceeded by a "this absolves Sony from responsibility for credit/identity theft" clause.

Will Sony come to our aid, if we are victims of identity theft or reduced credit scores, given the time limit on the "offer" I think not?
    I really think that they need to clarify their position here.
    Aren't they being taken to court, in the States? I know that they sue for anything in America but they might have a point here. We have no confirmation on who actually took the info, could be Russian mafia for all we know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I have been away for a couple of weeks and I cannot reset the password now. It wont do it from the system and the website that they send you the link to is down for the past week and a bit. How do i go about getting back on PSN??!

Its uber annoying!

batman_oh wrote: »
    I have been away for a couple of weeks and I cannot reset the password now. It wont do it from the system and the website that they send you the link to is down for the past week and a bit. How do i go about getting back on PSN??!

Its uber annoying!

Yeh the website for changing your password is down for maintenance, you'll have to wait for it to come back up before you can change your password and game online!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Nope the scheduled maintenance for tonight has been postponed, read all about it here!

Thank the gods :D

PSN just went down in the middle of FIFA, same for everyone else?

EDIT: Yup it's down for everyone! Maybe the store is re-opening!

Twitter going crazy with the outage!

screenshot01q.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PSN just went down in the middle of FIFA, same for everyone else?

EDIT: Yup it's down for everyone! Maybe the store is re-opening!

What do you mean - "PSN just went down in the middle of FIFA"?
    I'm still signed in.

EDIT: Varik is still signed in too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Signed out when I was in the room next door. Hopefully it's just PSN store going back up.

F1ngers wrote: »
    What do you mean - "PSN just went down in the middle of FIFA"?
    I'm still signed in.

EDIT: Varik is still signed in too.

Really? It signed me and my friends out as we were playing FIFA (online obv) and we can't sign back in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 gt4-wrc

Really? It signed me and my friends out as we were playing FIFA (online obv) and we can't sign back in?
    6 of us in mid game on mw2 got signed out 10 mins ago

Yup, still in. Varik and I.
    5 friends got signed out 27-29 mins ago.

Yup, still in. Varik and I.
    5 friends got signed out 27-29 mins ago.

That's random, because people are reporting they have been signed out all over the world it seems, wonder what's going on!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just signed in a minute ago.

Just signed in a minute ago.

Yeh me too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

just got my new ps3 ,all running great ,seem s they are doing some maintanance still,i can sign in to psn ,but i cant do anything like go to psn store it says when i click on that undergoing maintanance. or play games online .a message says error cant connect to server .

• Advertisement

just got my new ps3 ,all running great ,seem s they are doing some maintanance still,i can sign in to psn ,but i cant do anything like go to psn store it says when i click on that undergoing maintanance. or play games online .a message says error cant connect to server .

Playstation store will be restored by the end of the week according to sony, hence the maintenance message your getting

regards

shin

What game(s) were you trying to play?
    I checked MAG and Blops - got into games with no issues,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Yeh the website for changing your password is down for maintenance, you'll have to wait for it to come back up before you can change your password and game online!

Hopefully happens sometime soon! :(

batman_oh wrote: »
    Hopefully happens sometime soon! :(

It shouldn't be too long, it's been up and down for the last two weeks so just keep checking it regularly, and change your password in case it disappears again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

So much for all services being restored by the 31st of May at latest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Azure_sky wrote: »
    So much for all services being restored by the 31st of May at latest.

It will be sometime this week, end of the week starting the 31st of may at latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's going to be maintenance today so sign in before 4pm to stay online as it won't be back till early tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I'm trying to sign at the moment and can't

edit: its offline according to the Playstation.ie website

Just in case anyone doesn't know;

PSN Network Maintenance is scheduled to take place today from 1st June 16.30PM GMT until 2nd June 07.00AM GMT.

During this period the following services will be unavailable:

PC Registration
    Console Storefront
    PS3 Account Management
    PS3 Network Account Registration
    PSP Network Account Registration
    Qriocity Account Management

If you attempt to sign in during this period will receive the site maintenance notification page.
    If you are already signed into the PlayStation Network you should be able to stay connected and will not lose your gaming session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Hopefully the store will be back tomorrow, after the maintenance.

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Hopefully the store will be back tomorrow, after the maintenance.

Wherein if it is up the bitching will commence about not being able to get on to get all the free stuff :)

Good times ahead

:p

Shin

Is the website down too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

Feck it anyway!

I just took my PSP out of my bag this morning could a turned the PS3 on from work with it.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Feck it anyway!

I just took my PSP out of my bag this morning could a turned the PS3 on from work with it.

You can actually do that :O?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

What game(s) were you trying to play?
    I checked MAG and Blops - got into games with no issues,

playing gran turismo,and it wont let me connect to online at all

• Advertisement

Yep, mad handy.

There was a guy a few years back who had his PS3 stolen, after a few weeks of trying to tuen it on, it did one day, and to his shock he seen his neighbor on the PS3 eye toy :D:p

How do you set it up :D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

You have to go into settings and connect your PS3 and PSP. I think it's under Remote Play or something like that.

Desire. wrote: »
    You have to go into settings and connect your PS3 and PSP. I think it's under Remote Play or something like that.

Yup exactly this.

Yet we still have no cross game chat:eek:

Just logged in fine there :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

When you do set it up, sometimes you'll find your PS3 will just turn itself on randomly. It happened to me and seems to be dependant on the type of router you're using. I gave up on it since it was happening several times a day. But I've changed ISP and router since then so I might set it up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Tallon wrote: »
    Just logged in fine there :confused:

Same here

When you do set it up, sometimes you'll find your PS3 will just turn itself on randomly. It happened to me and seems to be dependant on the type of router you're using. I gave up on it since it was happening several times a day. But I've changed ISP and router since then so I might set it up again.

I'm a bit confused,how does actually turn itself on?without turning the switch on the back on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

I'm a bit confused,how does actually turn itself on?without turning the switch on the back on?

It has to be on standby. It has to be switched on at the back, it's not magic... :pac:

Advertisement