Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineers in Aus?

Options
  • 04-04-2011 10:32pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I've heard there is a big demand for engineers in Australia what with the mining and such, anyone know any of the companies there and if any of them do relocation packages?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

iamstop wrote: »
    Hey, I've heard there is a big demand for engineers in Australia what with the mining and such, anyone know any of the companies there and if any of them do relocation packages?

Iamstop, Half true...engineers are always in demand in Australia, but to be honest i think the days of relocation packages are probably over seeing as every second engineer in Ireland is over here looking for work, why take a chance on a complete stranger and fly him around the world when an ad on the internet will get you hundreds of applicants prepared to come in to see you? (If you're a seriously qualified and experienced geotechnical or mining engineer you might get lucky).
    Search the internet for mining and construction companies and check out seek.com.au to see whats out there work wise (by the way divide the number of jobs on seek by about 5 as different agencies advertise the same job over and over again).
    An engineering degree and Permanent Residence opens a lot of doors here but residence is not easy to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Be wary of some of the companies on the net that offer to help you get job in mining, they are scams. One used to be called Hogans mining, they keep reinventing themselves.

Advertisement