Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone troubles with hardwareversand?

Options
  • 04-04-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

For the last two weeks, I've been trying to contact them, with no luck. Anyone else had problems? If I ring them, is there any English-language support?

(In my case, my problem is that their address fields only allows 30 characters in total but my address is considerably longer.)

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have an order in with them a present. Needed to change something on the order so emailed them and they replyed within 24hrs with confirmation order had been changed. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

No problems here.

Ordered/BankTransfer on Thursday morning and got the usual responses and the items are on their way :)

Gotta love HWVS. Even with €30 delivery it was €20 or more cheaper than anywhere else.

i5 2500K + MSI P67a GD55.....I'll soon be in the 4GHz+ club :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

Had some questions before i ordered i emailed them and they got back to me the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

OK, weird; have sent 3 emails in 10 days, received acknowledgements but no replies. Their number is 01805 / 711 117; I presume that a lo-call one accessible only in Germany though?

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I've an order in with them too and everything seems to be ok. I had submitted some technical questions prior to the order but only the first one was answered; it wasnt a show stopper though.

On a side note, anyone know how long it takes for delivery once you get the email saying its been dispatched?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

When I ordered I got an e-mail on a wednesday evening saying it dispatched and I had it the following monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Sweet, maybe that means I'll have mine on Friday so as I got the email last night :D

JohnK wrote: »
    On a side note, anyone know how long it takes for delivery once you get the email saying its been dispatched?

Ordered on a Tuesday and received it the following Monday.

Made an order last Thursday so it may be at home now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I took a little over 2 weeks for mine to arrive. So it varies a bit.

^ don't say that :_: hoping mine will arrive Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Transfered my payment this afternoon (cant wait to get started on the build) how long after does it usually take for Hardwareversand to confirm they have received the funds?

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Everyone is going to be different but in my case I went about transferring the long way (fill out form) but similar to my delivery, did it on a Wednesday was cleared by Monday (even though the bank debited the same day).

I'm afraid some patience is required but is worth it in the end :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Transfered my payment this afternoon (cant wait to get started on the build) how long after does it usually take for Hardwareversand to confirm they have received the funds?

Cheers,

I did it online and got confirmation the next day after it cleared.

sink wrote: »
    I took a little over 2 weeks for mine to arrive. So it varies a bit.

I think your mobo was out of stock when you ordered Sink. The p67a GD55? Because I orderd about a week after you an it took 5-6 days to arrive.

Also, this time I received NO confirmation of payment. It went from "online order" to "the goods are reday for dispatch" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

jme2010 wrote: »
    I think your mobo was out of stock when you ordered Sink. The p67a GD55? Because I orderd about a week after you an it took 5-6 days to arrive.

Also, this time I received NO confirmation of payment. It went from "online order" to "the goods are reday for dispatch" :confused:

Ordered Sunday, went to the bank Monday, it took 3 days for the transaction to go through as I couldn't get to my Ulster bank branch I went to another and they posted the form to my local branch for processing, the money left my account Wednesday by which time all items were in stock. After that the goods took until the next Monday to be ready to be dispatched and then it took another two days for the goods to be actually dispatched and I didn't receive them until the following week (last Monday).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

My first ever order went in this morning. I got a paypal option, but it cost 3% of the basket, €10 in my case.

From the paypal receipt to confirmation of them receiving the money took around twenty minutes.

OK, despite 3 emails to them about the fact their address form is too small, I've never gotten a response (got read receipts, so I know they're reading them). Do they just not answer emails unless you've actually purchased? If I make a purchase with a truncated form of my address, can I then follow up with the real address?

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

oceanclub wrote: »
    OK, despite 3 emails to them about the fact their address form is too small, I've never gotten a response (got read receipts, so I know they're reading them). Do they just not answer emails unless you've actually purchased? If I make a purchase with a truncated form of my address, can I then follow up with the real address?

P.

You could try calling them, or is that not an option? I got through to them within 2 minutes, and she spoke quite good English as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭holdithoncho

P.
    Did you try sending them an email in german that worked for me.

P.

What email address of are you using ? as they have a few listed . Try
    service@hardwareversand.de

• Advertisement

Tried auto translated German version with no luck. Only number I could find on site was what looked like local lo-call no. Got an int'l version?

Cheers

P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Why not use the truncated address and amend it with DHL?

Having a bit of trouble myself at the moment.

Ordered over a grand worth of gear from them last Monday. When I ordered, the graphics card I wanted was due in the day after which was fine because it would take a day or two for my funds to transfer.

However, twice the expected arrival date of the graphics card has changed and I'm loosing patients so I emailed them and asked for them to remove the graphics card from my order and to put in two monitors instead. There a slight price difference which I told them I dont mind paying.
    They sent me a ticket number, as a reference but there's been nothing else since. No confirmation, nothing.

Not sure if this is the norm, just seems a bit lacking for customer care.

Also want to add that I have sent 2 emails since they sent me a ticket number and haven't yet received a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭holdithoncho

Id ring them if i was you thats the best way to get through to them and just hope that the person on the other line has good english .

I put an order in a week ago and the case was due in today. I’ve checked the site and it now says Delivery late, new date requested.

Checked the site and the same case in black/orange instead of black/silver is ready to be dispatched by tomorrow. SO fingers crossed they read my email and change the order around.

jeffk wrote: »
    I put an order in a week ago and the case was due in today. I’ve checked the site and it now says Delivery late, new date requested.

Checked the site and the same case in black/orange instead of black/silver is ready to be dispatched by tomorrow. SO fingers crossed they read my email and change the order around.

From my experiences over the last week you are defo better off ringing them. If the operator who answer's doesn't speak english just ask to speak to an english speaking operator.

If only ever been on hold for 30 seconds MAX and they are very helpful when you are dealing with them over the phone.

From my experiences over the last week you are defo better off ringing them. If the operator who answer's doesn't speak english just ask to speak to an english speaking operator.

If only ever been on hold for 30 seconds MAX and they are very helpful when you are dealing with them over the phone.

Thanks, I got an email back from them about half an hour ago.

Im in the process of trying to get them to change to the case that is out of stock but will be ready to dispatch tomorrow, rather than my original one which is also out of stock, but wont be ready to dispatch till the 20th.

All this because one case has a different colour trim :mad:

Thanks, I got an email back from them about half an hour ago.

Im in the process of trying to get them to change to the case that is out of stock but will be ready to dispatch tomorrow, rather than my original one which is also out of stock, but wont be ready to dispatch till the 20th.

All this because one case has a different colour trim :mad:

Took me 3 phones calls to finally get them to acknowledge that I wanted to change my order. I got an email yesterday afternoon with an attachment outlining the changes and a request for me to transfer the difference. Sent the funds over yesterday some hopefully it'll ship maybe today..............(holds breath)

Even though they were a pain to deal with at times, they really cant be beaten for price and at the end of the day, money talks ya know?

Took me 3 phones calls to finally get them to acknowledge that I wanted to change my order. I got an email yesterday afternoon with an attachment outlining the changes and a request for me to transfer the difference. Sent the funds over yesterday some hopefully it'll ship maybe today..............(holds breath)

Even though they were a pain to deal with at times, they really cant be beaten for price and at the end of the day, money talks ya know?

Ah good to hear you are (almost) sorted. I’m (as you will see in another thread) STILL chasing the elusive case. They are terrible for stock, it’s in x day, x day comes and the stock is delayed. I’ve emailed them asking will either case be in, if not it looks like I’ll have to get a similar case.

Yes ive heard a lot of good thing about their prices, I know very little about parts, but I’m sure if I say compare my build against Komplett etc the saving would be well worth the messing around I’m getting.

• Advertisement

Ah good to hear you are (almost) sorted. I’m (as you will see in another thread) STILL chasing the elusive case. They are terrible for stock, it’s in x day, x day comes and the stock is delayed. I’ve emailed them asking will either case be in, if not it looks like I’ll have to get a similar case.

Yes ive heard a lot of good thing about their prices, I know very little about parts, but I’m sure if I say compare my build against Komplett etc the saving would be well worth the messing around I’m getting.

Got it all sorted an hour ago, got email confirmation that my order was dispatched so I'm looking at a Monday delivery hopefully.

I found things move much quicker when you call them. They are open till 8pm you've got nothing to loose ya know?

Advertisement