Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vacuum Tankers

• 04-04-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

As posted in a previous thread, I am currently in the market for a new slurry tanker, 2000 gallons and upwards. I had more or less settled on the idea of a 2200 or 2250 gallon tank from any one of the Irish manufacturers when I saw this:

http://atkins.ie/farmmachinery/product_info.php?cPath=62_127&products_id=3069

The price is reasonable for the size of the tanker, but what exactly does "2008 model" mean? Would an 8000 Litre pump be a bit on the slow side for a tank of this size?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

The price is reasonable for the size of the tanker, but what exactly does "2008 model" mean? Would an 8000 Litre pump be a bit on the slow side for a tank of this size?[/QUOTE]
    2008 is old spec. the latest model i think has a 10000l pump.open to correction on this. agree with you about size of pump ie too small

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Have you the power to pull and stop that? Im sure you could manage to wait an extra 30 seconds when filling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

There would be nothing wrong with that. Its probably something that was on display somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

That looks to be much bigger than an 8000 L pump, all the tanks on the Atkins site seem to be 8000 L so probably typo. Doesn't matter anyway as it will suck no slurry without the hose between the pump and the top of the tank ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Thanks for the input lads. From looking at different tankers, it appears to me that the Major, Redrock, Abbey and Hi-Spec have the most robust chassis arrangements supporting the tank.
    One other thing struck me: The Cross and Belmac tankers look identical in every way. A poster on BFF mentioned before that Belmac manufacture some stuff for Cross. Does anyone know anything about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭stanflt

Thanks for the input lads. From looking at different tankers, it appears to me that the Major, Redrock, Abbey and Hi-Spec have the most robust chassis arrangements supporting the tank.
    One other thing struck me: The Cross and Belmac tankers look identical in every way. A poster on BFF mentioned before that Belmac manufacture some stuff for Cross. Does anyone know anything about this?

i bought a 2100belmac in jan-great machine, well balanced and easily pulled by 2wd nh tl90a. cheap at 9250inc vat-no trade in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

There could have been design changes since 2008.

Thats an 8000 vac pump - Tank looks seriously clean.

What PTO shaft's going with it? haggle for shearbolt...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

KoNiT wrote: »
    There could have been design changes since 2008.

Thats an 8000 vac pump - Tank looks seriously clean.

What PTO shaft's going with it? haggle for shearbolt...
    What difference would the shaft make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

prefer to shear the bolt than damage the pump if material enters the housing, etc jambing the pump.

The new Battioni MEC 9000 vacuum pump is fitted with sliding flanges to prevent damage to the pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

I would consider it overpriced, I bought something very similar but galvanised,recessed,perfect wheels of a dealer for much much less but a little older. 8000l pump is grand for a farmers tank, unless your a busy person and 30s a load is considered vital lost time

• Advertisement

I would consider it overpriced, I bought something very similar but galvanised,recessed,perfect wheels of a dealer for much much less but a little older. 8000l pump is grand for a farmers tank, unless your a busy person and 30s a load is considered vital lost time

That would be second hand in your case? The one I linked to is supposedly new, but an older model. I'm not interested in a used tank. Been there, done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭THE LINK WALSH

An 8000 pump is the one to be going for on any tanker,almost all pump larger than 8000 have automatic oilers as opposed to the manual tap oiler on a MEC8000,the auto oilers are troublesome in the extreme,ever notice a fellas tank destroyed with oil all over the front and drawbar?,the auto oiler cant be reset and has a mind of its own,you will be topping up often.

The 10 or 12 thousand pump wont fill much quicker anyway,id doubt its even 30 seconds faster,if fill points were 7 inches instaed of 6 with a 12 pump it would fill in half the time.
    That doesnt look a bad deal even if it is built in 2008,Major are pushing an Alpine range now,its a lower unit.Id prefer an Abbey over any other theyve a much better drawbar design with a full leaf spring across the front,it looks the most effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭cjpm

That would be second hand in your case? The one I linked to is supposedly new, but an older model. I'm not interested in a used tank. Been there, done that.

I wouldn't even spend money on a new one if it's not galvanised.

We've an ancient yoke, galvanised 1600 gallon, bought second hand about 20 years old and it's perfect. Grease it, fill it with oil and off you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

An 8000 pump is the one to be going for on any tanker,almost all pump larger than 8000 have automatic oilers as opposed to the manual tap oiler on a MEC8000,the auto oilers are troublesome in the extreme,ever notice a fellas tank destroyed with oil all over the front and drawbar?,the auto oiler cant be reset and has a mind of its own,you will be topping up often.

The 10 or 12 thousand pump wont fill much quicker anyway,id doubt its even 30 seconds faster,if fill points were 7 inches instaed of 6 with a 12 pump it would fill in half the time.
    That doesnt look a bad deal even if it is built in 2008,Major are pushing an Alpine range now,its a lower unit.Id prefer an Abbey over any other theyve a much better drawbar design with a full leaf spring across the front,it looks the most effective.

i have auto oilr for more years than care to remember and never let me down:D.is it possible to still buy 8k pump on 2k tank anymore?

One thing that is amazing me is the attitude of some dealers. I visit them, tell them what I want, they write it all down in the book and they don't bother their arse calling with a price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

One thing that is amazing me is the attitude of some dealers. I visit them, tell them what I want, they write it all down in the book and they don't bother their arse calling with a price.

maybe there not interested in dealing with you for any amount of reasons, I often had the opposite problem to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

typical! I was on a dealer website the other day and saw a clean looking mower, i send off an email and asked a few question, was surprised to get a prompt reply...no mention of price though, emailed back but no reply since..now maybe the guy thinks im not serious if i dont phone him but i cant understand why he would go as far as he did and not mention price or for that matter why do up a fancy website and not put prices of everything up..
    I posted a thread about portal shed manufacturers recently, got a few suggestions and contacted a few people, so far 2 lads were supposed to call me but no word :)
    you would think lads would be knocking down your door these times

maybe there not interested in dealing with you for any amount of reasons, I often had the opposite problem to you

Fair point, but unless there's something about my appearance which they didn't like, I can't see what it is. Experience so far has been:

Dealer 1: Rang back promptly with prices.
    Dealer 2: Gave a price on the spot, said to take it or leave it.
    Dealer 3: Gave a price on the spot, rang back with a better one, but still most expensive by a mile.
    Dealer 4+5: Met both, they wrote down my details promised to call with prices. No callback from either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

When do you plan on making the purchase??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Evan28

its probably a machine they have kept for display. it looks very tidy in the photo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Nobbies

just a observation on the 10k litre pump.yes they will fill quicker.but,but,but,but there adevil 4lifting stones out of ariver or quarry hole if ur drawing water 4mixing and wat goes in must come out.hence sumtimes blocking ur splash plate.also when spreading much rev on the tractor and shes just dying 2 blow off with so much pressure.also ithink the bigger pump alot noiser too.small issues iknow.

reilig wrote: »
    When do you plan on making the purchase??

Straight away as soon as I'm happy I've a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 steve30

Go with the 10k pump and get a galvanised tank, will last a lot longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭flat out !!

In ideal conditions would a 10,000 litre pump fill a 2100 gallon tanker in less than 60 seconds? I timed my own 2100 gallon tanker filling earlier today, it took 2min 28 seconds @305 rpm, slurry wasn't too thick either. (8000 litre pump)

Advertisement