Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1200 build. change anything?

Options
  • 04-04-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

building this for a friend. he's gonna bite the bullet in a month when all the money comes together, just wanted to see what we could get.

154112.jpg

anything you'd change?
    I need an OS so probably gonna go with a student upgrade @€;45
    already have a 1080p monitor.

tbh i think the case is overkill, and the saving made on getting a cheaper nice case would get an SSD, which is probably what will happen. anything else you'd change?

at this hight end budget, should i be looking to get an i7 2600k? baring in mind it'll just be used for gaming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

You won't be able to fit that heatsink with that RAM as the DIMM slots on P67 boards are very close to the CPU socket. You either need to buy RAM without the massive heat spreaders or a heatsink which won't obstruct the RAM such as the Corsair H70.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

agreed, not like it's a bad thing tho the H70 is amazing espiecally when you fit it ontop of the 2500k and get to 4.5Ghz hopefully ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

2600K... meh. If you're going to be OCing it for him (which you'd better. :P), I'd tell you to disable HT for thermal reasons anyway, so there's not a whole lot to be gained.

Since you have a little extra, maybe a GPU cooler? I'm not really familiar with AMD cards, so I can't recommend specifics.

Advertisement