Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Walsh TD

Options
  • 04-04-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

The Cllr Brian Walsh thread seems to have been locked since he got his promotion :eek:

I posted info in relation to a planning, development situation that Brian Walsh is involved in and Sponge Bob (who seemed to know what he was on about) validated my initial concerns that something was amiss. Link to his thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70703803&postcount=48

Further info has now been provided and a decision is due by 25-04-2011. They also have to erect a new site notice and objections can be made, I'm just wondering how much detail is needed when making objections or can I just use the term "Backlands Development" or will more info be better, I need to get moving on this so all info is appreciated.

They also seem to have received an exemption certificate from Galway City Council in the middle of the application stage, is this normal or are the rules being bent here.

Planning no is 10212

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Whoa, things have changed dude :D

Much depends on the precise zoning OBJECTIVE for the zoning in place in the new City Development Plan. If zoned 'rural' I would see Backland as not permissible. If zoned 'low density residential' then maybe it is. Read the OBJECTIVES for those zonings to see.

Check the new City Dev Plan from 2011 onwards, any differences.?? An application cannot be a new one if site notices are deployed. If a site notice was not shown properly it should have been thrown out not sent to FI. It should be determined under the new rules not the old rules in that case. These are the post Feb 2011 rules. Any judge would see that in about 2 minutes unless he was a senile blueshirt of course :D

Note

http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/Planning/DevelopmentPlanandPolicySection/
    Development Plan and Policy Section

The Galway City Development Plan 2011-2017 was adopted by the elected members of Galway City Council on 25th January 2011.

The plan came into effect on 21st February 2011.

**I posted about the old regime before it changed**

If given permission under old rules in the 2005-2011 plan and if the 2011 plan SHOULD have applied ...and could have resulted in a very different result.....then a judicial review would likely succeed rather than a Bord Pleanála appeal which implies you fully accept the rules were the 2005-2011 rules...not the new Development plan.

Get researching ....but he was not guilty of anything other than cleverness under the 2005-2011 city dev plan that I could see and I said that in the link:)

Also consider whether a rural road can handle an estate ...where it may handle a single house etc. Is there enough copper to provide ADSL or will eircom split lines to provide telephone lines out there beyond UPC ? What is the water pressure like now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

All political threads were closed after the election so we could get a breather from all the back and forth.
    There is a Political forum should you want to discuss national or local politics or politicians in between elections.

Advertisement