Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulletstorm or Crysis 2?

Options
  • 04-04-2011 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Which to get? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Platform of choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

PS3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Might be helpful to add some info about preferences. Into multiplayer?

by the way, I haven't played Bulletstorm. So my suggestions would be a little bit biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

yeah love multiplayer :) but also a game with a great story, have you completed Crysis 2 single player campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bulletstorms MP while fun is very limited as in it's co-op only, think horde from gears of war, and thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i had bulletstorm as a release day title and its meh imo great fun for 30 minutes but i guarantee you will get bored quickly.

now crysis on the other hand wow wow wow... it really plays fantastic, looks fantastic and both sp and mp are class.

i have to be honest and say crysis 2 as it really is the better game.

although im kinda saddened with how bulletstorm played for me i had such high hopes for it and feel really let down by it tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

If you want a long-lasting multiplayer, go for Crysis

If you want a unique single-player experience, go for Bulletstorm

You can get Bulletstorm on PS3 for €32 new delivered on Gamestop this week http://gamestop.ie/39553_PlayStation_3_Bulletstorm_Limited_Edition_Easter_promo_.aspx

Go on, get both ;) Bulletstorm is great, just doesn't have a competitive multiplayer

PICK UP CRYSIS 2 AND HOLD ONTO CASH FOR LA NOIRE OUT IN A FEW WEEKS/////

looks great game made by rockstar ya know guys famous for gta?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

looks great game made by rockstar ya know guys famous for gta?

:rolleyes:
    Being developed by Team Bondi.
    Published by R*.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

i had bulletstorm as a release day title and its meh imo great fun for 30 minutes but i guarantee you will get bored quickly

Bulletstorm's opening 40 (or so) minutes is supposedly its weakest part according to reviews. I hope you stuck with it past that.

There is value in having a game that is fun in 30 minute blasts (not that you meant to imply otherwise).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

any game that lets you command a giant robotic dinosaur called Wallington P. Tallylicker deserves a play through tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Crysis is better but Bulletstorm is also enjoyable just no where near Crysis levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I only played Crysis 2, but I would not afraid to recommend it over bullet storm.

I checked alot of videos and alot of reviews ( newer make up my opinion just on one review ) and it looks fun, but only 45 min long fun. After you will make a few of those kills, if will be just a grind...

Crysis is great bargain now. Good looking, good game play, decent multiplayer if you get on to play with local Irish/uk fellas.

Heres the plan: buy bulletstorm, finish it, then trade it for Crysis 2, ?????? = profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Finished Crysis 2 yesterday, tempted to give it another play through on the hardest difficulty. Gonna pick up Bulletstorm on the Gamestop website as its only €30! *PS3 btw

F1ngers wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Being developed by Team Bondi.
    Published by R*.

Thank you for pointing out my flawed post!!! god damned mods lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thank you for pointing out my flawed post!!! god damned mods lol

Just hate to see publishers getting any credit for games they didn't develop.

You'd be surprised how many people think the publisher made the game.
    I'm sure you just misspelled Team Bondi in the other post...:p

I know lol sorry but advertising all over gta and red dead for example with rockstar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm not sold on Crysis 2. The MP is just alright, the SP I find doesn't really hold my interest too well. I know I'm in the minority, but the game just doesn't really work for me!

Bulletstorm, on the other hand, is incredible fun to play, and yes, it only really gets going about 30 minutes in. It's so brainless, but in the most positive way imaginable. Loved every second of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

A similar kind of thing happened with Bulletstorm as well, that can really get on my tits!

"FROM THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT YOU GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!111!!!"

Erm... Wasn't it developed by People Can Fly?....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

tman wrote: »
    A similar kind of thing happened with Bulletstorm as well, that can really get on my tits!

"FROM THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT YOU GEARS OF WAR!!!!!!!111!!!"

Erm... Wasn't it developed by People Can Fly?....

I was under the impression that while People Can Fly were the "main" developers, Epic did have a hand in the development/design of Bulletstorm. If not, what exactly did Epic do, considering EA published it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement