Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience

• 04-04-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,
    I'm a student doing a Film/TV course and I'm just wondering does anyone know what the best way to go about getting work experience for the summer is? Would it be best to just email studios saying I am interested in gaining some experience or is there a better way going about it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Surly

You can keep track of what's currently in production here.
    Get in touch with the production companies involved with each of those projects and see if they could use an enthusiastic runner.

It's also well worth your while contacting the post production houses such as Windmill Lane and Screenscene as they're often looking for runners.

When corresponding with these folk, be as polite and enthusiastic as you can. I remember a story about a now-famous editor who first got his foot in the door by sending kit-kats along with his CV to prospective employers. I'm not saying you have to do that, but anything that will make you stand out will increase the chances of someone giving you a shot.

Best of luck.

Advertisement