Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Greek style yoghurt

Options
  • 04-04-2011 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question about something that has me a little confused. I have recently discovered Lidls greeky Style yoghurt (1KG tub :o ) its delicious but im a little curious about its fat content.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 50g (1 rounded tbsp)
    Calories 63 Calories
    Total Fat 5g
    Calories from Fat 45
    Total Fat 5g 8%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 1.4g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Protein 2.5g 5%

how bad is this in terms of fat content & weight control?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No, it seems okay because it has no saturated fat, which is generally the "baddie". However, 90% of the calories do come from fat, so it's high in fat in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Faith wrote: »
    No, it seems okay because it has no saturated fat, which is generally the "baddie". However, 90% of the calories do come from fat, so it's high in fat in that regard.

I'd say its clsoer to 70% tbh

50g isn't a portion size, 100-150g would be normal I'd say. There are proberly better options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's fantastic stuff.
    If you're worried about weight control then eat less of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It's fantastic stuff.
    If you're worried about weight control then eat less of it!

Indeed, it's just like what you get in Greece; lovely with honey! Have to watch the portion size myself too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mellor wrote: »
    I'd say its clsoer to 70% tbh

50g isn't a portion size, 100-150g would be normal I'd say. There are proberly better options out there.

Oh you're right; I misread the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

lol, i just mentioned this stuff as a good replacement for cream in cooking and then saw this thread about it. :)

it's lovely and thick and you only need a spoon of it to 'cream up' just about any dish that needs creamin'. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

vibe666 wrote: »
    lol, i just mentioned this stuff as a good replacement for cream in cooking and then saw this thread about it. :)

it's lovely and thick and you only need a spoon of it to 'cream up' just about any dish that needs creamin'. :D

Yup, great in mash too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

most of the arabic/indian shops sell lovely thick greek yogurt with only 3.5% fat and generally less cals than the lidl one.

Advertisement