Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Hill Billy Keeps Accusing me as trolling when I state facts

Options
  • 04-04-2011 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Not the first time, I put up a logical post from information in the media and I get accused of trolling of the highest order and threated with permo ban. Its the same Mod each time who throws a tantrum and reads the post and totally misinterprets the post until it breaks the charter. He deletes posts without informing anyone that other posts have remarked too that posts go missing.

I want this on record even do as I stated before you won't rule against the mod because he mods too many forums here already and its easier to rule with him rather than have the risk of him throwing a tantrum and a category mod having to cover his forums.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Corsendonk is referring to a deleted post in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71529284. Can be viewed by CMods as deleted post immediately after post #45.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Corsendonk,I have read the thread in question and I have to say the comments you made were a bit over the top for such a sensitivity situation were family members and friends were reading the thread.

Hill Billy has stated he may be a bit close to this and it may have influenced him.

In saying that no infraction or ban was issued just a deleted post (which I agree with) and a mod warning from Hill Billy telling you not to post on the thread again.Now if you can agree to be more sensitivity when posting again on that thread I am willing to overrule this aspect of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Those comments were actually from the family of the previous lost at sea and they were looking closer which anyone would be after over 48 hours in the water.

My objection is to the Mods constant pattern of accussing me of trolling like its a personal attack. The Mod in PM correspondence said I was deliberating baiting him which I was not. I have forwarded that msg to you. This has happened one too many times were he finds double meanings in my posts. It just seems to mean I have to double or treble check posts while other posts go up in the forum without comment from mods. One rule for some.......... So thanks but no thanks no point overturning that because he will find another double or treble meaning in my next post, just him not his fellow mod. You found my post cold he seen it as a troll so already we have two differences.

Corsendonk

We all know what happens to a body at sea after a while,does not mean you barge in and tell everybody.If we were to follow that line if someone put up a missing person post would you feel after a few days it would be ok t post not much hope now or other such bland remarks.

You cant just say their is a constant pattern without backing it up with examples.

Their is IMO no issue here,Hill Billy has explained each interaction with you to me via PM and they are all above board.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Their is IMO no issue here,Hill Billy has explained each interaction with you to me via PM and they are all above board.

So his accussation that I am a troll are correct then?

We all know what happens to a body at sea after a while,does not mean you barge in and tell everybody.If we were to follow that line if someone put up a missing person post would you feel after a few days it would be ok t post not much hope now or other such bland remarks.

You cant just say their is a constant pattern without backing it up with examples.

Sorry could you edit this post so its readable? I had a slight headache trying to make sense of it. I know you posted it at 1 am but boards does have a certain standard of english in its charter.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    So his accussation that I am a troll are correct then?

Bumping up the question in the hope of getting a reply.

Bumping up the question in the hope of getting a reply.

As I said there is no issue here,it was a very inappropriate post.

As I said there is no issue here,it was a very inappropriate post.

Well thats a matter of opinion, but your still ignoring the fact I was accused of baiting(trolling) in pm which was my argument if you read the thread title again, it may have been inappropriate post as you have mentioned but have you adjudged it as an act of trolling or not? Yes/No.

From reading your earlier response you have not as you have not given me an infraction for trolling yet the pm accusation that I went out of my way in a complex plan to read all the mods posts it seems and bait him personally!! Egomania comes to mind. Seems to me your supporting his accusations then as they haven't been withdrawn. I can't see you giving me a fair hearing when the next bout of reading too deeply into a post happens again if you let his comments stand. Or is it ok to say things in pm and not have proof to back them up or is that a mod feature?

Or would it be better for all of us if I can send a copy of my DCN posts to you so you can read and approve? I wish to work with you and prevent it from happening again and most particular prevent the permo ban that may happen when people see a hidden double meaning that doesn't exist the next time. You can understand my point of view I hope. If seriously I ever was a troll would a troll put up as much argument and time to defend their name every time the DCN mod accused him of trolling as I have? And it becomes like russian routlette trying to assess the mod moods in DCN so it might be better just to run posts by you for all of us. Cuts out threads like this for one.

Corsendonk

• Advertisement

Well thats a matter of opinion, but your still ignoring the fact I was accused of baiting(trolling) in pm which was my argument if you read the thread title again, it may have been inappropriate post as you have mentioned but have you adjudged it as an act of trolling or not? Yes/No.

Lets not get hung up on words,the post was inappropriate and the mod took action.I have agreed with this.

The rest of you post is just a rant.I am not sure what issue you have or want addressed.
    I wish to work with you and prevent it from happening again and most particular prevent the permo ban

I think this bit is important considering what you are giving out about.Can you really not see how its inappropriate to talk about what happens to a body on a thread were family members and people still involved in the search are posting.

Lets not get hung up on words,the post was inappropriate and the mod took action.I have agreed with this.

The rest of you post is just a rant.I am not sure what issue you have or want addressed.

Its not a rant, a mod under your management can accuse a poster of deliberating baiting him in pm yet you don't ask the mod to take back that remark when you don't find any evidence of trolling. Sorry I am trying to make my argument as clear as possible. Your response is lets not get hung up on words. I must try that line next time with a mod if i get a warning:eek:
    I think this bit is important considering what you are giving out about.Can you really not see how its inappropriate to talk about what happens to a body on a thread were family members and people still involved in the search are posting.

The forum ain't that popular and more importantly I am a realist. Tell me the last time someone was lost in the Irish Sea for 72hours recently and survived? Sorry that it's not popular with you but if I can put are different thought process in a football context:

Your a Liverpool fan realism who thinks they will win the premiership:P I am an Arsenal I know scientifically my back 4 will crumble and lose the games in the last 10 mins and finish 2-3rd because its fact based on 5 years of misery. Surely you must be aware that people see things differently in life from one another or do you discourage individual thought in your forums?

Advertisement