Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy apartment with double glazing windows - need helped

Options
  • 05-04-2011 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi all,

I just moved in an appartment in 2nd floor in town centre in at the end of a busy road.

Since I moved in this apartment last week, i can sleep only 2 hours per night as I can hear every freaking noise from the street for example when the driver is changing gear or speeding or even pressing the horn.

I went to see the agency and told them about it and they told me that they never receive a complaint about it from previous tenant and they said as well the windows are double glazing and the building was built a few years ago.

they said may be it is because I used to live in quiet estate.

can someone pls advise what I can do as I liked the appartment but the noise is too much :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Ear plugs? Yes it is because you are coming from a quiet estate, and cars and delivery lorries taxis etc sound a lot louder at night especially when all the shops and pubs and clubs are closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aladja007

well, it is not only at night time but it is as well during the day.

during the day it does not bother me as I will be at work but at night time it is a nightmare.

thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

WELL....working and coming this **** is not on regardless..I live in a rough estate beside knackers and they still resoect my right to quietness,,you have to enforce it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accomodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NBW

Are there any gaps in the window?? It might be in need of repair

I had the hinges replaced on my bderoom window because of a draft coming through the frame. When this was done, I noticed a huge improvement in the amount of noise that I could here at night in comparison to what I use to here.....cars, dogs barking etc. It wasn't that expensive to have done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aladja007

I just checked the window's hinge in both bedroom and I can feel a little bit of cold air coming inside, but it is not noticeable as you have to be very closer.

The agency told me yesterday I am the 1st who complained about the noise, no previous tenant complained about it.

Moreover, last 3 weeks I remenbered visiting an appartment in ground floor at the oppossite of my building. In this other appartment, when you opened the curtain in the sitting room you can see the street, and even you can not hear the noise at all. it is kinda weird!

If the agency will send someone to check it and if the person find nothing at all: is it me who is going to pay for the intervention?

Advertisement