Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is 700 da max u have 2 pay for repeats?

Options
  • 05-04-2011 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

really doubt it but sum1 told me this was the case.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 likelydropout

Sounds like bull**** to me. Ucd tend to like money.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

No. There is no limit. 230 per module.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rebecca1988

sadly not :( they like money

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

No. There is no limit. 230 per module.

I knew it was expensive but I didn't think it was THAT much :eek:
    That's a summer destroying amount of money, especially if you fail more than one module!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

how bout 6 :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

partyndbs wrote: »

Oh dear! Well, best of luck with your repeats (are they in May, or in December?).

On a related note, the JJ Library is now open from 8.30am to midnight Monday-Friday - you get more work done in the library, I find anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rebecca1988

ewh!!!what course you doing? (just curious)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Why do they let people repeat?

I mean, for non-medical/extenuating circumstances?

mloc wrote: »
    Why do they let people repeat?

I mean, for non-medical/extenuating circumstances?

So that somebody doesn't ruin their education because of one bad exam? You could be just having a bad day/week, or have difficulty with just one subject. Hardly worth having to fail and repeat the whole year for, is it?

Sure, if you fail the first time, but then pass the second time, it's not like you have any significant advantage. If you pass it the second time, then it means you've worked hard enough to earn a pass. Of course you're GPA is capped at 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Jesus Christ, what have you been doing all year? I mean we all go out and have fun and stuff but god man, go to your lectures once in a while! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

175 in ul last year per module, and i thought that was a bit much, tho im sure itll increase again this year.

can anyone justify the increase? surely the people are paid the same amount of money, if not less, doesnt make sense

in ul you can only repeat 4 a year or 2 a semester, so i guess t hat way its capped at 700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

So that somebody doesn't ruin their education because of one bad exam? You could be just having a bad day/week, or have difficulty with just one subject. Hardly worth having to fail and repeat the whole year for, is it?

Sure, if you fail the first time, but then pass the second time, it's not like you have any significant advantage. If you pass it the second time, then it means you've worked hard enough to earn a pass. Of course you're GPA is capped at 2.

To be fair, failing 6 exams without exenuating circumstances just sounds like someone being a lazy fcuker.

To be fair, failing 6 exams without exenuating circumstances just sounds like someone being a lazy fcuker.

A bit harsh, perhaps? The OP could have had a family crisis, or something much smaller yet still significant that might have put him off studying.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Most people would give up if they failed 6, at least the OP is fighting on through it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

A bit harsh, perhaps? The OP could have had a family crisis, or something much smaller yet still significant that might have put him off studying.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Most people would give up if they failed 6, at least the OP is fighting on through it :)

Usually I'd agree with you but the OP has a history of 'interesting' posts which would be indicators that him failing wouldn't be too shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Morto

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

A friend of mine does dentistry in Hungary. She has repeats to do this summer. To repeat costs something trivial like a tenner I remember her saying. Definately not above 2 figures.

Plus, the results are known that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

I think the title of this thread sums up the standard of Irish universities at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Shane732 wrote: »
    I think the title of this thread sums up the standard of Irish universities at the moment.

Given the content of the thread, you could say otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

OSI wrote: »
    No limit at all. I know someone who owes close to 4 grand.

700 euro on English lessons sounds like a good plan though....

I would imagine he does more Arts' subjects than that?

Advertisement