If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest amp for.....

Options
  • 05-04-2011 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

I need to replace my Onkyo 605 as when I'm using it with my Dune, it processes the video signal in some sort of crap way, and the picture turns out ****e. I've connected direct to the tv and the picture's perfect, so it's not the hdmi cable or the Dune. It's really strange, as it doesn't have this problem when I play my bluray player through it using the same settings!:confused:

I've got no money (there's a recession on like!), so I need the cheapest amp you have that'll have a minimum of hdmi 3/1 in/out, will do video pass-thru, and will also decode TrueHD and DTS-MA.
    Oh yeah, needs to be black! I isn't a racist like!:D

I've a big Wharfdale subwoofer that I'm looking to get rid of too if ye take part exchange! ;)

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Ha!
    Just read your thread about the Denon 1311! Will probably go for that unless you've something cheaper!;)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Soarer wrote: »
    Ha!
    Just read your thread about the Denon 1311! Will probably go for that unless you've something cheaper!;)

Soarer,

Good to hear from you again - and honestly that Denon AVR1311 at £149.99 is a really superb deal - we also have the Sony STRDH510 also at £139.95 but the Denon really is worth the extra £10.

Would you like me to get the guys to give you a shout?

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John, good to hear from you again!

Can you confirm that the 1311 does video pass-thru? I looked at the link you gave, and it say it allows 3D video pass-thru, which I assume means it can do "normal" 1080/24p pass-thru, but I'd need confirmation.

It does seem like a lovely little amp though. Looks a lot less imposing from the front than the Onk, so Mrs. Soarer will be happy! ;)

Hi John, good to hear from you again!

Can you confirm that the 1311 does video pass-thru? I looked at the link you gave, and it say it allows 3D video pass-thru, which I assume means it can do "normal" 1080/24p pass-thru, but I'd need confirmation.

It does seem like a lovely little amp though. Looks a lot less imposing from the front than the Onk, so Mrs. Soarer will be happy! ;)

Once the AVR1311 - is switched on yes it will do Video Pass Thru, no problem..

Keep me & Mrs Soarer happy,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Right John.
    £150 delivered, and we have a deal.

• Advertisement

Right John.
    £150 delivered, and we have a deal.

Soarer,

God loves a tryer - £149.95 Collected and we have a deal...:D

Or we will ship at £149.95 & £9.95 as an extra special deal for you!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

J

Afternoon John.

The ECB have put paid to my amp buying plans, so I'll have to leave it behind.

Apologies.

Afternoon John.

The ECB have put paid to my amp buying plans, so I'll have to leave it behind.

Apologies.

Soarer,
    I do wish you had not posted that - for some reason now I'm thinking I need a Toyota Corolla - God I hate loving a Bargain!!!!

No worries and keep me posted when the ECB have buggered back home to Brussels.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.