Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy paint

• 05-04-2011 9:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi , im painting the inside of the house soon and i just wanted to know where i could buy the cheapest paint? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Homebase were running a buy one get one free offer a few weeks back on 2.5 litre tins , €22.99 a tin
    Don't know if offer is still running but its somewhere to start..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

It depends on what sort of paint you are looking for........
    B&Q have 10L own brand and Crown tubs at very good prices.
    I'd compare B&Q, Morris's, and Woodies.
    Morris's may surprise you with price and range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I find Morris cheaper for vinyl matt in most sizes but when there's an offer in B&Q or Homebase they are much cheaper.

Woodies seemed to be a little more expensive for their own brand, than B&Q or Homebase. Morris were selling Crown (I think) for the same price as Woodies own brand.

I wasn't too bothered about colours, price was the main thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Morriss are cheapest by far,unless of the odd offers in b.q forget woodies
    Crown solo 75cl
    Morriss 8.99
    Woodies 14.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

B & Q have a sale thursday 20 % off between 6-8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Slightly OT, but I'm now slightly worried about myself, I read the title as "the cheapest place to buy a pint?" and was then confused when the OP was talking about painting a house......:o

Edit: Post number 666! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ledger wrote: »
    Slightly OT, but I'm now slightly worried about myself, I read the title as "the cheapest place to buy a pint?" and was then confused when the OP was talking about painting a house......:o

piss artist springs to mind ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I was in Woodies yesterday and had a look at the price of paint.

There were 5lt tins of Dulux vinyl soft sheen paint on the shelves in the colour of my choice for €42.99 yet there were 10lt tubs/buckets of Dulux vinyl soft sheen on pallets for €39.99.

Does anyone know if there's a difference in the paint because I double and treble checked the prices as I couldn't figure out why you can get half the amount of paint for more than the cost of double the amount of pain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

deisemum wrote: »
    I was in Woodies yesterday and had a look at the price of paint.

There were 5lt tins of Dulux vinyl soft sheen paint on the shelves in the colour of my choice for €42.99 yet there were 10lt tubs/buckets of Dulux vinyl soft sheen on pallets for €39.99.

Does anyone know if there's a difference in the paint because I double and treble checked the prices as I couldn't figure out why you can get half the amount of paint for more than the cost of double the amount of pain?

I think the general use walls and ceilings white paint is usually alot cheaper.

Advertisement