Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bachelor of Education Query

Options
  • 05-04-2011 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have applied as a mature applicant for the B.ED Degree in Mary Immaculate College, and also for the same course in the three Dublin colleges (St Pats, Marino & Froebel).
    However, someone has mentioned to me that it is only possible to attend an interview for just one; either Mary Immaculate or the Dublin region.

Can someone please get back to me regarding this? Also, can anyone advise on which of the 2 options which I would have a better chance of being successful through?

Thanks!

Roisin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Natter1985

Hi Roisin,

I have also Applied for the Mature student undergradute B.ed course , to start in Sept.
    In the Application form, as you know, is a place for 1st choice, 2nd choice and 3rd. for Dublin Colleges. There is only one interview and only with your number one. So you may have to interview seperately for Mary I. Best bet is to contact Mary I directly.

I picked Froebel college as my number one and the interview will be held in St Pats Drumcondra but with staff from Froebel. Havent heard back from them yet so hopefully this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I think there are a good few options for teaching degrees both primary Marino, Drumcondra, frobel.
    I note there is a 18month h.dip for primary teaching, in marino if you have an undergrad.
    I would also look at Hibernia college as well

If its secondary school teaching your interested in I do note there are a number of colleges offering degrees aimed at secondary teaching like st. pats in thurles

best of luck

Advertisement