Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Landline Help

• 05-04-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Just rang eircom to report possible fault with the line,but feeling it might be internal problem,which eircom wont want to know ( phone lines all crackly).
    Anybody recommend somebody to contact in the waterford city area.I thank you.

Decies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

First you need to check if its the phone , the socket or your line. Even an outside contractor will charge you for checking these. Can you borrow a proper land line phone from a fiend. If so plug out everything from all phone sockets, including Sky box. Plug in the phone into the main socket and try calling a land line number.

If you still have a problem, check the socket to see if there's anything stuck in it or if its loose on the wal. If that's OK, let eircom call out, looks like there is a fault on the line. Over the phone they should have tested your line and they told you they can't see a fault but there still could be a problem.

I saw a van advertising home line repair yesterday but can't remember the details,sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Thanks. Anybody out there know a in house telecom caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Do you have eircom broadband if so do you have the filter connected to the phone socket with out it there will be a static noise when your talking to someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

PM me, I'll have a look to see if its an internal or Eircom fault.

Andy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Eircom tell me it's an outdoor fault, will check maybe tomorrow .

• Advertisement
Advertisement