Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom limits

Options
  • 05-04-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hello,

I know this has been asked before but I am wondering what is the most peoples have been charged for excess usage on the NGB products, I did a search but have seen no recent answers.

This is from eircoms site, if i am on NGB Ultimate which is €47.99 per month, if i go well over the 250gb limit is the max that I can be charged €49.99?

The maximum you will be charged for your NGB (including excess usage & Broadband rental) is €49.99.

You will be charged €2 inc Vat per GB used above your allowance to a total of €49.99 for your Broadband package (including your Broadband rental).

If you are on the ‘NGB Basic’ package at €24.99, the maximum you will pay for excess usage is €24.00.

If you are on the ‘NGB Regular’ package at €29.99, the maximum you will pay for excess usage is €20.00.

Thanks in advance for all answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I was on Next Gen Regular and got charged 16.50 + VAT for going over by 10GB. The allowance was 30Gb I think, but beware of Uploading whilst downloading!
    Hence I am now on UPC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to the Talk To eircom forum.

The charges are exactly as you've listed them, and I believe they will charge if you exceed the allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi guys,

Here is a link to all the excess usage charges for all NGB packages.

- http://bit.ly/i0xVEh

If you have any folllow up questions let mw know.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

HI mARK,

One point to clarify, if i am paying €47.99 for NGB Ultimate and go over my limit by say 50gb, will I be charged €2 per gb or will my total charge for that month by €49.99 regardless of my excess total.

kenny111 wrote: »
    HI mARK,

One point to clarify, if i am paying €47.99 for NGB Ultimate and go over my limit by say 50gb, will I be charged €2 per gb or will my total charge for that month by €49.99 regardless of my excess total.

Hi kenny111,

Yes that's right once you have exceeded the cap upload/ download usage for you package. The €49.99 is the excess charge eircom will apply for that month regardless if you continue to go over the package allowance.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

So do Eircom charge DSL broadband customers excess usage charges? Their FAQ only mentions NG broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

loughrey wrote: »
    So do Eircom charge DSL broadband customers excess usage charges? Their FAQ only mentions NG broadband.

They won't charge for over usage on standard DSL broadband they do however on NGB so you should be fine if you have standard broadband

jay93 wrote: »
    They won't charge for over usage on standard DSL broadband they do however on NGB so you should be fine if you have standard broadband

Thanks for the reply Jay :). I'm on standard but I think they charged me over the roof 2 years ago for going over by 2GB (like by about 20 euros). 2 euros per GB would be OK but I wouldn't like to be charged any more. If they don't charge standard DSL customers anymore then you'd imagine people would really take advantage of that every month. I think I may exceed the limit a little this month as i'm about 64% already. So fingers crossed lol. :P

Thanks for the reply Jay :). I'm on standard but I think they charged me over the roof 2 years ago for going over by 2GB (like by about 20 euros). 2 euros per GB would be OK but I wouldn't like to be charged any more. If they don't charge standard DSL customers anymore then you'd imagine people would really take advantage of that every month. I think I may exceed the limit a little this month as i'm about 64% already. So fingers crossed lol. :P

Hi guys,

If you have any folllow up questions let me know.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LoveGreen

An eircom representative phoned last night trying to get me to switch back to them. I said the main reason I wont go back is the low download cap (10gb -only got 1mb line). He told me they removed the download cap- i said but isn't there a fair usage policy limit in small print and he said no to that too.
    I found that hard to believe but I have no plan to go back as our phone bills have never been cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Hi guys,

Thanks, Mark

I am a robot....
    LoveGreen wrote: »
    An eircom representative phoned last night trying to get me to switch back to them. I said the main reason I wont go back is the low download cap (10gb -only got 1mb line). He told me they removed the download cap- i said but isn't there a fair usage policy limit in small print and he said no to that too.
    I found that hard to believe but I have no plan to go back as our phone bills have never been cheaper.

For the 1mb or equivalent 8Mb package the usage is still 10Gb.

LoveGreen wrote: »

Yeah, I'm thinking of changing to Vodafone Home because of the download usage and the fact that they are 30 euro cheaper with a faster and bigger download capacity, plus you get free UK calls. Makes no sense why people would stay with Eircom.

I'm hearing that a lot about their being no download capacity for DSL users, but they charged me a high price 2 years ago for going over by 2GB. So I upgraded to 30GB but it's still not enough. Vodafone offer the same bundle with 40 GB and costing 30 euro less than what I'm paying now so I think I'm going to sign up to that.

Hi guys,

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark but that still doesn't answer my question as that is the NGB FAQ page. There is nothing about DSL broadband. So if I go over by say 2GB will I be charged 4 euro extra with DSL?

Thanks Mark but that still doesn't answer my question as that is the NGB FAQ page. There is nothing about DSL broadband. So if I go over by say 2GB will I be charged 4 euro extra with DSL?

Hi loughrey,

At the moment eircom do not charge any excess download charges on the standard broadband packages. Although eircom do reserve the right to charge as per the broadband terms and conditions - "to charge for exceeding the download allowance on a customers package". Effectively what that means is that a customer is free to exceed the download allowance without penalty.

However be aware that a very small percentage of customers who are on the standard broadband package who have continually have extremely excessive usage will be sent out warning letters warning that the usage is to high and may be charged excess usage if the usage pattern continues.

Thanks, Mark

Hi loughrey,

At the moment eircom do not charge any excess download charges on the standard broadband packages. Although eircom do reserve the right to charge as per the broadband terms and conditions - "to charge for exceeding the download allowance on a customers package". Effectively what that means is that a customer is free to exceed the download allowance without penalty.

However be aware that a very small percentage of customers who are on the standard broadband package who have continually have extremely excessive usage will be sent out warning letters warning that the usage is to high and may be charged excess usage if the usage pattern continues.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks very much Mark for the quick reply! That is a relief to know. I never go over anyway but this month, being home from college, I am using it more often than usual so I may go over a little. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jocall99

Hi im on the broadband and chatter package, this month I have gone over the 250 cap by 30ish gigs, can you tell me will I be charged for this because as far as I knew I was on unlimited as advertised

Jocall99 wrote: »
    Hi im on the broadband and chatter package, this month I have gone over the 250 cap by 30ish gigs, can you tell me will I be charged for this because as far as I knew I was on unlimited as advertised

Hi Jocall99,

If you PM me with your telephone number or eircom account number I can look into your usage query for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement