Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting tattooed when pregnant??

Options
  • 05-04-2011 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

is it the risk of infection that makes this a no no? or is it something to do with the ink absorbtion in the bloodstream?? all i see is conflicting info on line, anyone shed any light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

no, normally there is no risk! (if of course there is no infection etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

when you are pregnant a process called haemodilution occurs, your plasma volume increases by 50% and your haemoglobin by only 18%. this process can lead to a "normal" anaemia, if you get a tattoo you will bleed more than you would outside of pregnancy and potentially exacerbate this anaemia, generally feel pretty miserable.

while pregnancy is a normal life event and should be treated as such there are some things you should avoid. i would advise that tattooing be one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

thanks a million for your reply, great to know and duly noted!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I don't think any decent tattoo artist would tattoo a pregnant woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭XcupcakeX

I don't think any decent tattoo artist would tattoo a pregnant woman.

I agree.
    Your body is already under enormous pressure while pregnant so its best not to add to that ;)

Also I was advised to wait about 3 months after my son was born to get any work done, giving extra time to allow the body to get back to normal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

I hadn't spoken to my regular guy about it, its still a big secret;) for sure he wouldn't dream of tattooing a pregnant lady being a daddy himself and a very knowledgeable chap in general! i was just curious to know myself because no one was able to give me a solid reason! Now i know! and definately won't be putting my body under any added stress for sure. thanks for your replies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanya1988

Personally I wouldnt get a tattoo if pregnant just to be on the safe side, wouldnt want to take any risks. . .:confused:

Advertisement