Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small job - creating wedding booklet in QE

Options
  • 05-04-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

I'm starting to do up the wedding booklet for my wedding that's coming up in a few weeks, and I'd like to find someone to do up the basic layout in QE to my specs, and then I can drop in the text we have, and then give it back for a final layout and fix.

The specs aren't complicated, but I don't know much about QE and don't want to spend ages learning how to do it when it won't turn out as well as getting an expert to do it.

- A5 booklet, to be printed in colour (at a printers, not a home printing job)
    - some graphical motifs to be created, have a rough idea in mind
    - have most of the text ready, but important that I can edit it myself on the trial version of QE8
    - in a bit of a rush

If you're interested in the job, could you please send me a PM with your email address, and then send on some pdfs of similar jobs that you've done by email?

If you'd like to add links to your work to this thread, so that people searching for something similar in the future will find it, that's fine with me too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

edanto, it sounds like you're unnecessarily complicating the process, if you are in a rush to have this completed then the best thing to do is to hand over the final text to a professional. There's an awful lot more to quark, never mind graphic design, than simply populating a document template.

Seriously, do yourself a favour, talk to whoever is going to print them for you and take their advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

The most modest, oldest DTP could do that for you. QE is an overkill. You problem would be with the printer. You don't give much information to go on. How many pages, is it full quadrichrome of spot colours. What sort of stock etc.! Thes booklets can be printed on a colour laser printer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Thanks for the advice.

The fella that's doing the printing for me is doing it as a favour, and just wants finished pdfs, they can't do any graphic design for me at the moment.

I'd only be too happy to talk to a professional about them doing the whole layout from the text that I have, and came here to try and find someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Sorry guys, I've just belatedly seen the D&D Orientated Services sticky, realised that this thread shouldn't be here. I'll contact people through that thread.

Advertisement