Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 - Gone haywire - please help

• 05-04-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I have a 360 which I bought about 5 years ago and it has not received that much use. I got FIFA 11 for xmas and it was working fine. Then one day I started receiving the message "the disc is unreadable, please wipe with a clean cloth and try again" but this kept happening.

I brought it into Tech Pros in the square in Tallaght and the guy there tried for about 3 weeks to figure out the problem. Yesterday I went up to him and he said that he can't fix it as he has discovered that the problem is with the update on the game which has f**ked up the console.

he said that the only other thing he can think of is for me to format the HD and start from scratch. This is NOT a chipped console.

I brought it home last night and when I put in HALO 3 which was working, but now its now saying "place DVD disc in XBOX 360...."

Has anyone else had this problem or heard about it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Best advice I can give is to replace the DVD drive altogether, never mind clearing the memory cache or any of those bogus fixes, the Hard Disc Drive will have no bearing on how the disc performs it's mostly likely down to a failing laser. Did tech pros go into detail about what they attempted 3 weeks is an awfully long time to hold on to a console for something so easy to fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

Buddy it just needs a new laser, it crazy that they kept it for 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭markst33

I don't think its the laser because he put in "Need for Speed" whilst I was there and it played fine. It won't play my FIFA 11 which is a much newer game so I brought the game around to a shop and got them to play it to make sure it was not the game where the problem was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

get a dvd lens cleaning kit, 2 euro ,in a 2euro shop, after 5 years it probably needs cleaning .Its worth trying .its possible to replace the dvd drive,it should be with same brand eg liteon,otherwise you might get banned from xbox live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

Buy a new laser they can be had for 10 euro

• Advertisement
Advertisement