Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate Universe-S02E15-Seizure

Options
  • 05-04-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

215header.jpg

Decent enough episode tonight with both storied being interesting though a little on the slow side at times. It was nice seeing McKay again (fun little reference to Lt. Boobs as well) though it would have been better had McKay and Rush gone head to head.

They're also really re-enforcing the whole Icarus Planets being as rare as hens teeth thing considering there's already been three.

Episode Rating 43 votes

Out of this World
    0% 0 votes
    Quite Good
    37% 16 votes
    McKay
    46% 20 votes
    Weak Week
    13% 6 votes
    I'd rather have had a Seizure
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Finally! As seems to always be the case, the Rush episodes are way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

That Amanda Perry is absolutely beautiful.

Am wondering tho why they just can't take Gin and Amanda out of quarantined memory now that Rush is back in his body. The way Eli was reacting it seemed like they were there permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Considering they've already gotten rid of Red Head once it would be madness to do away with her again. Unfortunately it does look like they've done exactly that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

It must be possible as it's totally pointless having a 'quarantined' zone if you can't get the files back! Just like an anti virus program can restore files if you tell it too. Sadly I don't think they'll be back in season two... ergo ever :( but fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Stargate: Boobs.

Anyone else notice that there was a serious amount of boobage in this episode? Best episode of the past 10 or so (for the boobs and otherwise).
    If the show was more like this it would have been good. This was well thought out and interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Excellent episode. Only increases my annoyance at the cancellation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Would ya look at that? First time in a while i've actually seen a Stargate. what's the program called again? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,387 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

5starpool wrote: »
    Excellent episode. Only increases my annoyance at the cancellation.
    Its cancellation had a lot more to do with SyFy's poor management than SGU and its content

Overheal wrote: »
    Its cancellation had a lot more to do with SyFy's poor management than SGU and its content

Indeed, though the first half of season 1 did a lot of damage as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭phill106

Quick question...
    When the destiny dropped out of ftl due to emergency shutdown of the drives, why did the people using the stones not revert back temporarily?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Now that was a proper stargate episode, had everything really. Nice see McKay again too.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

phill106 wrote: »
    Quick question...
    When the destiny dropped out of ftl due to emergency shutdown of the drives, why did the people using the stones not revert back temporarily?

I was thinking the exact same thing while watching it. I just assumed it was an oversight by the brain dead writers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Excellent episode, best in a very VERY long time. Great to see McKay and Robert Picardo, Lt. Boobs...i'm up here......LOL!

Pretty epic from a hottie perspective, four hot babes in one ep? [no...TJ don't count!], both stores were rather good. Top marks from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Ok episode, great pacing. Was a bit worried it would become a bit messy with the greer, rush AND hostile take over stories running side by side but it worked.

I suppose the formula is tried and tested star trek (running a main plot interspersed with a sub plot for pacing) although in ST they usually ended up having the main plot and sub plot crossing over at some point which would have been nice here but it survived none the less.

Liked the humor in the episode, didnt feel labored or layed on too thick.
    Just a shame that episodes like this are so rare in retrospect of all the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

christ that amanda perry has some big feet, wouldnt deter me though;):D

was it me or was that the exact same factory that teyla was held in by michael, :confused:

thought it was a good episode, you kinda knew straight away that it was amanda keeping rush in the simulation, she really fancies him and came across a little psyco during this episode,

honestly thought mckay could have been funnier, but the "im up here" comment i suppose will be enough :D
    107-1255876298-stargate_darkness_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

god damn is LT. Boobs an apt nickname.

good episode. thought the quarantine thing was a bit silly. why bother writing them in for two episodes only to take them out again. like paulo and whats her face in lost. the only reason that makes sense is to have them for a later deus ex machina of computer fixing. but they could already have used franklin for that.
    and to pick one more nit, where the crap did franklin's body go? chloes didnt vanish and neither did rush's.

uphold my suspension of disbelief ya dumb show! by all means make up rules, but at least then stick to them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Excellent episode, probably among the best of season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭phill106

Btw, I did like the episode, just had to vote mckay because he was in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

phill106 wrote: »
    Quick question...
    Yeah, I remember thinking that too. Thought that was how the others were going to cop on. It was good to see the commander with a bit of balls for a change. While an interesting character I think they've been playing up the human-and-conflicted angle too much this season.

Plus: "Up here". Funny as hell. Would love to know what McKay and Eli were arguing about. Probably something Star Trek or Star Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭liamtech

seeing Rodney after all this time was savage - my favorite character in any series - Genuinely made me pissed off about the cancellation again. . . OF ATLANTIS -

Even with a nice portion of McKay and a bit of banter in the Milky Way that felt almost SG1ish, the rest of the episode was absolute tripe... in my opinion... It only re-enforces why this show was cancelled - once again i found myself fast-forwarding through the episode, to get by all of the touchy feely "Friends & Sex in the City... in space" crap - My god, HOW, did my favorite franchise of all time end up like this... what on gods earth happened -

I must admit its been ages since i had a look at the thread on SGU's cancellation, but last i checked everyone here said they love it - Well fair enough, your obviously entitled to your opinions. But in all honesty i wont miss this show- im only watching out of sheer blind faith, and a lack of any other Sci Fi of any kind on TV at the moment

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

liamtech wrote: »
    I must admit its been ages since i had a look at the thread on SGU's cancellation, but last i checked everyone here said they love it - Well fair enough, your obviously entitled to your opinions. But in all honesty i wont miss this show- im only watching out of sheer blind faith, and a lack of any other Sci Fi of any kind on TV at the moment

I wouldnt say that I loved it the benefit of hind sight. Its like a tin of roses I guess, everyone says they LOVE roses chocs.... but really you only love 1 or 2 of the sweets in the whole tin! You'll eat most of it cause they are there but you really only have one or two deadly nice ones. For some reason you say you love the lot though. So - "like momma always said , SGU is like a box of choc-o-lates"

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

I really enjoyed this episode, LOVED that mckay was back
    he is brilliant

and loved the bit os humour in it too.

this show was really starting to pick up.

pitty it's being cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Good episode- I was wondering how Rush knew he was out of the simulation at the end though?
    Couldn't believe that aliens would have anything to do with Earth after the stunt they pulled. They was trying something that in the last two instances resulted in planets being destroyed- did they even mention how many people lived on that planet?

Good episode- I was wondering how Rush knew he was out of the simulation at the end though?

Didn't he spin a spinning top to check :p

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

It would've made sense to have at least some mention of Jonas in the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

No one likes Jonas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

TheKells wrote: »

0043fsgy

...just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

?

Remember last week when Ginn tried to touch Eli and her hand went through him, Well when Rush was "out " of the simulation he got touched on the cheek and he felt it, you could tell by his face at that point he knew what was going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

crazyderk wrote: »
    Remember last week when Ginn tried to touch Eli and her hand went through him, Well when Rush was "out " of the simulation he got touched on the cheek and he felt it, you could tell by his face at that point he knew what was going on!

I thought that he was to talking to Ginn outside of the simulation in that episode, like when Perry appeared to T.J. during the operation. The point was made that the simulation provided them with the opportunity to be intimate- so I couldn’t understand how Rush was so sure he was still in the simulation (in the middle of the episode) and knew he was out at the end. And this was prompted by me thinking of Inception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

crazyderk wrote: »
    or at the start of the episode when rush and perry were playing chess, and perry asked rush to move her chess piece for her,

Advertisement