Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment plan?

Options
  • 05-04-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm currently with Airtricity and avail of their buget plan which debts my bank account each month and when a new bill is done up the balance is offset against the credit I've built up.
    Is their a similar buget/payment plan with ESBEI as I don't like the idea of getting a big bill in the door every few months.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi MM ;)

There is the option of combining direct debit with Easypay card payments (we can post you a card free of charge). That way you could prepay your bill (in the post office for instance, at whatever intervals suit) and the balance (if any) would then be taken via direct debit.

I hope this information helps. :)

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

you could prepay your bill (in the post office for instance, at whatever intervals suit) and the balance (if any) would then be taken via direct debit.

Assuming I was to perpay my bill and their was no need for the DD, would I still be entilted to the DD discount

If it's a yes I'll be switching this evening;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Una, sorry to jump in on this thread but do you have any more information on this card? link to a website or something, id be very interested in getting this myself to control my bills more.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Evonatron

"Una, sorry to jump in on this thread but do you have any more information on this card? link to a website or something, id be very interested in getting this myself to control my bills more."

I would be really interested and more information also! Thanks

muppet_man wrote: »
    Assuming I was to perpay my bill and their was no need for the DD, would I still be entilted to the DD discount
    Yes indeed. If you have a direct debit set up, there is nothing to stop you from topping up your account manually.
    As long as the direct debit is on the system, you're covered. If there is any amount due at the point when direct debits are being collected, then the system will take it, but if you have pre-paid sufficiently, then obviously no balance will be due for collection. :)
    keithgeo wrote: »
    Una, sorry to jump in on this thread but do you have any more information on this card? link to a website or something, id be very interested in getting this myself to control my bills more.
    No problem at all Keith and Evonatron - the Easypay card has the customer's ESB Electric Ireland account details encoded on it, and you can bring it to various payment outlets (see here).
    The most straightforward thing for you guys to do would be to ring 1850 372 372 to have a card posted out to you.

Thanks for the interest. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

@Una

Switched to ESBEI tonight and got switching ref no.
    Can I use this no. to order Easypay card or do I need to wait for switching pack with acc. no. first?
    Want to be ready to go when switch over takes effect

Hi MM,

In your case, do wait until you receive account information (account number etc) in the post and then make the call, as the card has to have your account number encoded on it.

You can also go to our website and request a callback.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement